𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕡

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

I can't sleep.

Again.

It's 2am and my eyes just won't close.

After we got home earlier, Lina took the dogs and took them straight back to her house and said she'd be sleeping there now she knows I'm okay.

When she said she would be sleeping back in her bed, my heart stopped. I don't need her in my bed. I just need to know we're under the same roof. I need to know she's okay.

I just have this image in my head if her house setting on fire again except this time, I don't reach her.

I can't, I can't do this.

I get out of my bed and pull on a random pair of shoes. I don't know if they match but I don't care.

I grab my phone and rush out the house and jog to the farmhouse.

I see Amara in the kitchen, I guess she's been called in for another late night shift and I thank god that she is.

I run to the front door and lightly knock it. Amara opens the door with a confused look as she ties an apron around her waist.

She tilts her head and squints her eyes.

"I can't sleep." That's it. That's all I say. It's the only thing that comes to my head.

Her eyes soften and she gestures me in to the house.

"She's upstairs, asleep." Amara says pointing upwards.

I shake my head. "No. She wants to sleep in her own bed alone." I say. "Can I just sleep on the sofa? If that's okay?"

"I'd let you stay in one of the guest rooms but I've just painted them and everything is still covered and the smell is strong." Amara explains.

"It's fine. I can stay on the sofa." I tell her and she nods her head before running upstairs, then coming back with blankets and a few pillows.

"Lina will kill me if you don't keep your head elevated. Come to think of it she may kill you too." Amara says, walking in to the living room and putting the pillows on their sofa.

Amara goes to leave but she pauses at the door and looks to me. "Adrian?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you love her or is she a pass time because I'm not sure she can handle that." Amara says and my eyebrows raise.

"I-I um-" I stammer not being able to think of an answer. I know how I feel but how do you tell their mother.

"Yeah. Yeah I do."

Amara breaks in to a huge grin.

"I mean I kind of knew that but I had to check." She says and my brows furrow.