𝔽𝕣𝕦𝕚𝕥𝕪...𝕃𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕞𝕖.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

A week later, I've managed to pretty much avoid Adrian at all costs. There have been no staring contests, no verbal contests, and no sitting next to each other. He still makes his stupid insults. I think he thinks I'll snap and say something back, but I refuse to even glance at him.

I'm aware he probably didn't know that my OCD would get worse after he stole my books, but the fact that he did it in the first place just pissed me off. I mean, there are verbal arguments and throwing keys into the woods, but breaking in and stealing something he's fully aware mean so much to me is a step too far, big gravity moon steps.

My hands have started to heal after practically bathing them in antiseptic for days. We spoke to a therapist and changed my medication, which means I'm eagerly awaiting the withdrawal of sertraline.

I look down at my notebook, writing down equations for physics, when Toni groans, dramatically dropping her head onto the kitchen counter. She's currently sat between me and Adrian after I told her I don't want to be near him. "What's the point of maths? Seriously, when am I ever going to need to work out the angle of a ladder against a wall?" she groans again.

"Okay, first of all, this is physics, not maths," I reply, jokingly stroking her hair.

"Okay, but answer the question, why do we need maths? It's literally pointless. What do we need it for?" she asks.

"To know how much to tip in restaurants?" Adrian pipes up, and I roll my eyes and look at Toni, who refuses to lift her forehead from the counter.

"Or for less important things like medicine, economics, business and accounting," I reply, and Toni lifts her head from the counter and raises her eyebrows. "But you know, it's good to know how much to tip in restaurants," I add, honestly, the look she gave me when she lifted her head off the island was scary.

"Okay, I'm done. If I have to look at one more equation, it's going to be me+x and x=death." Toni jokes, causing me and Giana, who's being eerily silent, to let out a small laugh.

"Okay well to avoid Toni+x, why don't we do Toni+F and f=food?" I ask her, and she perks up immediately, leaning her head on my shoulder with a smile.

"You know me so well!" she sings, and I laugh as I head to the cupboard and pull out Doritos, as we currently live off these. Do I care? Absolutely not. I open the packet and place it in front of her, but her head falls back onto the counter.

"Eat this, it's brain food," I tell her, bringing a Dorito to her mouth, and she takes it from me with her teeth and eats it. I open my notebook and write down T+F=Happy Toni in the top corner, and she smiles when she sees me write it.

Giana laughs too and turns to her son. "You finished Piccolo?" she asks, and he nods his head, slamming his book closed and pushing it away. He goes to grab a Doritio from the bag, but Toni and I both slap his hand away.