𝕎𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕚𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕨𝕟.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

When I woke up five minutes ago by Hayden, the last thing I expected to hear was that Lina's house was on fire. The second those words were processed by my brain, I bolted out of my bed quicker than humanly possible.

Every member in this house runs outside towards the farmhouse like our lives depended on it, except it wasn't our life that depends on our speed, it was Linas. At one point during the chaos, I managed to pull on a pair of trainers before running outside, and the sight I saw made me pause in my steps.

Flames engulf the kitchen, the orange and yellow sparks flicker through windows, and the thick smoke that makes it nearly impossible to see fills the air.

I look around the land frantically, hoping the Lina has made it out and she's safe, but there's no sign of her. I run around to the garage, and everyone follows me. I look up at the Linas window, and I sigh in relief when I see it open.

"Lina!" Toni screams, cupping her hands over her mouth to make her voice louder, not that she needs to by any means. "Oh my god, Lina!" she yells again.

"Look!" Hayden shouts as he points to something on the roof, and the second I saw it, I knew exactly what she did. Beanie, the little horse that hates me, walks towards the edge of the garage and lets out a high pitched bark.

"She saved the dogs." I mumble to myself. "Stupid, borderline brain dead idiot." I say, examining the window on the side of the garage.

Before anyone can talk me out of it, I put my foot on the window ledge and push up, grabbing onto the hanging edge of the roof, pull myself up and push myself onto the ledge, and then shuffle backwards before turning and running to the window. Lina's window ledge rests against my chest, and I look inside the window looking for her, but I don't see her.

"Adrian!" Hayden, Toni and mum yell simultaneously. I don't listen as I push myself onto the window ledge again and pull myself through the window. And that's when I see her. She's on the floor, her dark brown hair covering her face, her body not moving a muscle.

"Evelina?" I shout, the shakiness in my voice unmistakable. I reach down and push her dark locks away from her face. Her eyes are closed, and her skin, usually olive toned, is porcelain white, and soot covers her forehead and cheeks. "God, why did you save the damn dogs first?" I grumble, bending down and wrapping my arm under her legs and the other under her back as I pick her up and somehow manoeuvre us both out the window.

"Evelina, keep your eyes open." The second those words leave my lips, her head falls backward and she's seemingly lifeless in my arms. The panic in me flares inside me, like the actual flames below us. I walk to the edge of the garage, and Hayden reaches up as I lower Lina into his arms, before jumping down myself.