𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕆𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Three and a half years.

That's the last time I saw my dad.

The day I came downstairs to packed bags and shouting.

And now he's stood in front of me like he's expecting me to run to him with excitement.

"Adriano. What the fuck is he doing here?" I ask Adrian behind me and he scratches the back of his head.

"Lina don't speak to him like that." Dad buts in, his Irish accent as thick as ever.

This bitch, I swear to god.

"You don't speak at all. You lost that right a long time ago. So zip it. I'm asking him." I snap at my father, turning to Adrian. "Well?"

"I called him." That's his answer. That's his fucking answer.

"And you didn't feel the need to clue me in on that decision?" I ask, my tone harsh.

"I thought you needed closure." He mutters.

"Oh and that was your decision to make was it?" I pause and tap my chin. "Oh wait. No, it fucking wasn't!" I yell.

"Give me my dogs," I demand, holding out my hand for the other two leashes.

"Lina, he's right. I need closure too."

The nerve. The absolute nerve of this man.

"No. Do not say my name. Do not address me. Don't even look at me." I pause and I can feel the anger bubbling inside of me.

"You need closure," I say. "You need closure?" I shout.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I leave you? Did I abandon you? Did you really think this was going to be heartfelt? Wake up you big-nosed bald, good-for-nothing cunt. This isn't a TV show!" I scream, looking back and yanking the dog leads off Adrian.

"You," I shout pointing at my father. "You crushed every piece of me. My dreams, my childhood. You made my anxiety feel invalid. You made me, your daughter, feel invalid and replaceable. For what? So you could get with a woman half your age. News flash Mark! You're still an old man with little to no worth with the people you spent 14 years with. Some blind model bitch doesn't make up for the fact your personality needs a fucking do-over!"

"Lina. Do not speak to me like that." Dad grits out.

"I'll speak to you, however I damn want to, you good for nothing ancient prick!" I yell back at him.

"Lina," Adrian says, trying to pull me back.

"You. You don't even talk to me. We've just had a discussion about me needing control and you've just taken one of the few things I have control over, get away from me and shut the fuck up!" I shout at Adrian.