Confrontation

Daniel and Winter stood there for a few seconds before parting the hug.

"Thanks, I needed that" Winter said

"No problem," Daniel said as he looked down to the others." I see the others getting ready to leave, we should join them." Daniel said gliding off the sand dune towards the group before landing gracefully. Winter was right behind him and landed next to him.

"Alright we're all ready to go" Moon said walking up to them "You alright Winter?"

Winter nodded

"That's good," Moon said as she looked back towards the setting sun. "we should go, probably only have about twenty minutes of sunlight left"

"agreed" Daniel said "ALRIGHT LET'S GO!" Daniel yelled to the rest of the group clapping his hands to get their attention.
They soon all took off from the sandy ground heading for the west coast.

- - - - - Twenty minutes of flying later - - - - -

The sun had officially sunk below the horizon and temperatures were dropping quickly. They needed to find shelter soon or risk catching a cold, which by then travelling to the Ice Kingdom could be fatal. Not that it wasn't already... But it would definitely increase the chances

'Damn it's FREEZING...' Daniel thought as he looked at the dragons around him, 'it looks like I'm not the only one suffering here though' Peril and Winter were completely fine since Winter was used to cold temperatures and Perils firescales seemed to keep her warm. Either that or she was just really good at hiding her emotions. Turtle and Moon Were visibly uncomfortable however it was Qibli who was suffering the most here.

Being used to the hot temperatures of the day time desert he seemed to struggle keeping up with the rest of the group ever since nightfall.

'although it doesn't make sense... He must of slept in the desert night at least once right? He should be used to it' Daniel thought, puzzled. 'but it does look like he's struggling... I should see what's up'

Daniel quickly tilted his wings upwards and soared backwards over his friends to Qibli's position which he soon realised was actually a lot further away then he first saw.
Daniel flew down next to him.

"Hey, dude you alright?"

"Oh, yeah..." Qibli said softly. Swiftly, a large gust of wind crawled across their scales. It send chills down Daniels spine and Qibli let out a visible shiver as he clenched tightly clenched his jaw. "I-I'm perfectly fine..." Qibli continued, his teeth chattered in the cold wind disagreeing with hum.

"It's clear your not alright..."
Daniel said as he touched Qibli's scales only to find that they were . "Oh wow! You're freezing!" Daniel exclaimed. Although he didn't know how it was possible since Sandwing scales were supposed to be Warm.

"I know... I don't know why though... Something about tonight... just isn't right..."Qibli said shivering as he flew.

"I'm not sure what you mean by that" Daniel said slightly baffled.

"Neither do I honestly" Qibli Chuckled "but I just feel... It... Know what I mean?"

Daniel did know what he meant. He felt the exact same way after he finished the last Wings of Fire book. Like he just had a feeling that it wasn't over... And in the end it wasn't since he was Transported into his own Adventure soon after.

"Yeah, I guess I kind of do" Daniel admitted
This earned him one of Qibli's bright smiles. Although it was cut short when another gust of wind decided to ram into the group of dragons and gave them all a free sample of what was yet to come.
Qibli lost his balance for a bit before he recovered.