A Perilous Plan

It was early in the morning when the first gong rang to signify the start of classes.
Normally Daniel and the rest of the Winglet would be heading to history but not today.

Because instead they had a nice meeting warm meeting with Tsunami.
Down in the very back halls of the school lied Tsunamis Office and was where everyone except for Peril was getting a scolding.

"WHAT IN YOUR DAMN MINDS WERE YOU THINKING?! YOU CAN'T JUST STAIGHT UP LEAVE SCHOOL!"
Tsunami bellowed at the six dragonets who were sitting in front of her.

"Well Miss, in our defence we did manage to bring you a new student" Daniel pointed out.

Tsunamis voice died down in volume though she was still extremely angry.
"Yes, but that doesn't excuse you for what you've done Hurricane..."

She sighed as she looked to all of them.
"Look I don't mean to sound bossy, trust me I've already had enough of dragons like that.
But your parents or caretakers have left you in my hands for the year so I'm responsible for your safety. What am I supposed to tell them if you go off and get yourself hurt or even worse! Killed!"

She sat back against the wall whole everyone else looked down to the floor, except for Daniel who kept eye contact with her.

"Well since my parents are dead and I don't have a caretaker what are you supposed to do with me then?" Daniel asked.

This came as a bit of a shock to everyone including Tsunami but Daniel kept it as casual as he could.
"If this whole thing is about our parents leaving us in your hands then what about me?"

Tsunami looked at him however even she knew she didn't have a proper answer for him so she just kept it honest.

"Well... Nothing really, it's optional for you since we're not obliged to keep you here... Though I would highly recommend staying, You've already made some friends here at Jade Mountain, and you'll be able to learn many things here"

Daniel looked at her content with her answer.
"Alright then... Do what do we have first?"
Tsunami smiled at his comment before she answered for him.
"Well I don't think it's worth it to go to herbs and Healing since we're already close to the end of the lessons so your next lesson will be..."

She looked through some unorganised scrolls before she finally said.
"Ah here we go, oh and how convenient, you're next class is Hunting with me, I'll meet you guys outside when the next gong rings"
She said with a smile.

Daniel nodded.
"Alright then, when is that?"

Tsunami looked to him,
"I'm not sure actually, but based from when the first gong rang I'd say maybe around fiteeen or so minutes from now,
I'll dismiss you guys so you can get ready."

"Okay then, thanks" Daniel said before he he added out of the cave and down the already too familiar halls of Jade Mountain.
He made his way back to his sleeping cave and sat down on his stonly ledge, but not before warming it up with some fire.

The others soon sat down inside the cave.
Qibli and Winter on their respective ledges. And Turtle on his one above Daniels.
Star had been moved to the Girls cave next door and was now officially part of the Winglet and the first Hybrid in the school.

So now Daniel, Winter, Qibli and Turtle all shared a cave while Moon, Kinkajou, and Star shared another, and if course Peril was still sleeping in Clays room.

Soon everyone else, including Peril and Star who were waiting outside entered the cave.
Daniel sighed deeply as he looked to everyone else.

They each had the same sad look of empathy as they stared at him.
He had told them what had happened with the Gatekeeper last night and how Qibli's siblings had stolen the bag from him.