A Dramatic Awakening

Daniel saw the world around him begin to fade. He was losing his grasp on reality... and on life. 

There was nothing he could do. Trapped by Kraken like tentacles, probably over a hundred meters below the surface. Even if he did by some miracle escape the entities grasp on his body he would most certainly drown before he reached solid air again.

'This is it I guess...' Daniel Thought with defeat. 'Never expected to die in a fantasy world but I guess life is full of surprises...' It was funny.. despite his current situation... the only thing that he had on his mind was happiness... a soft smile crossed his face as his world finally faded to darkness.

He didn't know what to expect from it. Death that is... 
It was a mysterious thing, some people feared it, some people embraced it.
But you never knew what it truly is until you pass the line...

'Although I'm pretty sure you're not still supposed to be conscious'
Daniel thought, nothing but a black screen of nothingness surrounded him.

He couldn't see anything, not even his own body...
'If I even still have one that is...' Daniel thought grimly.
He must admit that if this was it, that if Death was just an endless darkness for you to be alone with your thoughts...

'It's not exactly a great ending... Buuuuuut. At least I'm not burning in a pit in hell..'

Daniel looked, or tried to look around at his black surroundings.
But it was strange, he felt his field of vision turn as he wanted it to, but it don't feel like he was attached to anything.

Like his eyes or conscious Was just floating in place...

Like a ghost...

'Am I really dead?... Is this it?.. Or is there something else..'
Daniel was conflicted. He didn't know what to believe or what was really happening.

However.. Soon a familiar voice could be heard in the distance.

"Hurricane!.. Wake up!.. Don't you leave us!.."
The voice was very faint but there was no mistaking who it was.

The faint voice of Kinkajou could be heard through the black void.
It wasn't clear from where her voice was coming from but more of his friends voices followed soon afterwards.

"Please.. Please work"  spoke the distant voice of Turtle.

"Calm down, He'll be alright" a much much quieter voice said. Daniel couldn't pick up who it was but he guessed it was probably Moon since the other female dragons didn't have such a soft voice.

Daniel listened to these voices for a while not knowing if they were actually real or just in his mind.
Soon however Daniel spotted a distant spark among the darkness Beyond him.

A small white spot of what appeared to be light, sparkling on in the distance. Like a lonely star in the black area of outer space.

A possible glimpse of hope,

'A possible exit..'

Daniel stared back a the white dot among the darkness, it appeared to be growing larger by the second.
Either that or he was unintentionally moving towards it.

More of his friend's voices echoed within the darkness once again.

"Hey! Jokes over you should be up by now!.."
The slightly panicked voice of Qibli said.

Daniel was slightly worried now,
'What does he mean I should be up by now?'

Daniel looked back towards the light.
It was now a bright as day and as such he had look away in order to avoid being blinded.