Broken Bonds

The sun had begun to set leaving a bright orange glow to the sky above. Small crashing waves soaked the glistening sand on the shore. A few seagulls flew about, circling the ocean as they playfully squeaked remarks at one another.

Daniel was watching the beautiful scene in front of him from the inside of his makeshift cavern.
He had successfully dug a large enough hole in the wall to serve as a hut for as long as he needed.

He was able to fully stand up inside it and he had covered the floor in soft sand so it was more comfortable to lay down and relax. It could probably fit the whole Jade Winglet inside, it would be a little cramped but it would definitely work.

It took at least five hours to fully dig it out, another two to get rid of all the excess dirt by chucking it into the ocean and finally one more hour to decorate the inside with sand.

In total it took Daniel about eight whole hours of straight work to complete it.
Now he had just finished eating the roasted seagull he had brutally murdered earlier.
The bones of the bird lay in a small hole next to him.

"Well that was a good meal..." Daniel said to himself as he buried the remains of his delicious seagull delicacy.

He stared out as he saw the sun disappear beyond the ocean...

'Pantala is somewhere out there...' Daniel thought 'I wonder how they're doing? I mean... Wasp is probably still in charge...'
That sent a shiver down his spine... Knowing that that Lizard and Cottonmouth was still controlling everyone... Even Wasp...

'let's not think of that... According to the books it all works out in the end so its alright...'

Daniel walked out of his cave and took a look at the starry night sky...

'Wow... Now that... Is truly something gorgeous' Daniel thought at the beauty of Phyrrias night engulfed him.

The sun had just set so it wasn't fully dark however it was still a sight to see. While on earth stars wouldn't appear that early after sunset due to the light drowning them out.

However in Phyrria... For some reason the logic didn't apply as stars could still be seen as they glinted in the sunsets bright orange fade.

The orange blend was gradually becoming darker as the sun sank further below the horizon and more stars decided to come out of hiding.

'I need to take a fly... See what this is like higher up'

He lifted off into the air doing a few flips as he did so. The cool breeze whipped past his face and body as he continued to fly about.
Higher and higher he flew, the world below becoming smaller and smaller.

He eventually reached high enough to see the edge of he desert in the very far off distance. He never saw this before because the last times he came up here there were clouds blocking most of the view unlike today. He had come up to this height twice, once by himself, and once with Winter.

'Winter...' Daniel thought... It was only yesterday that Winter had called him his friend, which was truly an amazing achievement.

He suddenly, remembered the promise he had made made to Winter yesterday.... to never abandon him. And yet... The first thing he did the next day was run off without a word.

Daniel felt guilty, he had broken the one promise Winter gave him... In less then a days time.

'God... What kind of  friend am I... To break a promise in less then a day..."
He sat there feeling bad for a while... The night had suddenly become cold. Clouds had begun to move overhead.