Sick of U

Warning:
This chapter contains dark themes, harsh and coarse language, and some gory scenes, read at your own risk.

Daniel rushed out of the cave and towards the prey center where most of the school was having lunch.

The silver ring at the bottom of the handle of the sickle was poking his wing while he ran which was extremely uncomfortable though he ignored the minor issue.

Right now all that mattered was finding Turtle before it was too late.
Another issue however was the fact that the rest of his friends didn't know and it would be impossible to tell them without someone eavesdropping.

'Well... Maybe I could tell Moon telepathically, but that would be about it'
Daniel thought, though he decided against it knowing it would only make Moon nervous which would raise suspicions.

The only other dragon Daniel might be able to tell would be Willow since she tends to sit away from the Winglet and Daniel could potentially draw her away for a quick moment and tell her.

Though he also didn't know If she was fully trustworthy since after seeing that demonic eye which apparently she didn't know about herself, it made him think that the gatekeeper may be inside her mind, dormant, but still there.

This also got Daniel thinking however,
'If The gatekeeper is inside Willows mind when her eye turned Into... Whatever I saw... Then does that mean He's also controlling Turtle...?'
He didn't know if what he was theorising was true... But he for sure hoped it wasn't.

Eventually he reached the entrance to the prey center and spotted his Winglet sitting in the usual huddled but decently large group in the corner of the center.

He was about to run in when a talon grabbed him from behind.
His initial instinct was to grab his sickle and slice off the talon of whoever grabbed him but then he remembered that he was in school and that it would probably be a bad idea.

So instead he simply turned around quickly, like a normal, Innocent, totally not crime leader dragon would.

To his surprise it was Sundew who grabbed him and seeing her somewhat calm face he gave a relieved sigh.

"You scared me" He said, mustering a laugh that didn't sound too nervous.
"What's up?"

Sundew seemed unreasonably calm for some strange reason... Opposite to the worry and growing tension in Daniels stomach.

Sundew stretched her wings out, relaxed.
"Nothing much really, I saw you hurrying in a rush and was wondering what was happening."

Daniels eyes widened a tiny bit but no enough for her to notice.
"Oh, I was just a little hungry, wanted to catch up with my winglet" He lied.

Sundew shot him a suspicious look but didn't say anything.
"Alright, well I was going to ask if you could help me out with something but if you're really hungry then it's fine, I can do it myself.

Daniel groaned internally.
He knew that he needed to find Turtle as soon as possible but if he was to just leave Sundew he'd look like a real piece of work since his only excuse was that he was hungry.

He sighed to himself quietly.
'Just say no Daniel, you know that stopping a potential murder is better than losing some of your moral image, just say no, she'll understand eventually.'

'Say no, Say no, Daniel say no, you know it's a better idea anyways,'

'say no say no say no say no'

"Yeah sure what do you need?" He asked cheerfully.

'OH FOR THE LOVE OF FU-'

"Great!" Sundew said with a smile which caught Daniel by surprise.
"Follow me"