Red Wing's Relic

It was somewhere between late morning and early afternoon when Star and Daniel finally got back to their friends.

Many of them were still asleep surprisingly, however Peril seemed to already be awake.

She looked up, her attention caught by the crunching of cold snow under Daniels and Stars talons.

"Hey you're back!" Peril yelled happily though she shrunk down quietly after realising how loud her voice was.

"Sorry...". She said quietly.

Daniel and Star just smiled. "Yeah, good to see you too guys" Daniel said.
He walked towards them before he sat down on the floor.

There was a slight cold tingle in his scales when they touched the snow but he soon got used to it.

Qibli, Peril, and Star joined him as they sat in a small circle.

"Soo," Qibli started.
"Did you guys find anything?"

Daniel and Star nodded as they revealed the compass.
"We found this" Star said.

Daniel placed the compass in the centre of the group circle so they could all see it.

"Woah, that's definitely something" Peril said as she studied the compass closely.
She reached out to take a closer look but that's when Qibli stopped her.

"Hey be careful!" He snatched the compass away quickly before Perils talons could melt the compass into dirt.
"Firescales.. Remember?"

"Oh.. Right..." Peril said, shying away from where the compass was.
"I forgot I'm cursed..."

Daniel felt bad for the Skywing. He knew Peril didn't like her firescales just from reading the initial series back on earth.
'though I never really saw how bad it was, she's not able to do basic things... Man.. I'm so sorry Peril'

The circle of dragons fell silent as Peril shuffled her talons nervously.
It was clear she was uncomfortable so Daniel switched the subject.

"So that's all we found really" Daniel spoke which earned him a strange look from Star.
He saw this and immediately knew what she was thinking.

"Well we did run into some Icewings on the way there but nothing serious" Daniel added.

"Wait you did? Are you alright? Were you spotted? If you were then we could have a big issue! The queens would find out, we could have a potential war-"

"Qibli... You're doing it again" Peril said calmly, un-phased by his words of panic.

Qibli looked at her before the words sank in.
"Oh... I am? Sorry, just a bad habit I guess" he apologised

Daniel meanwhile was slightly put on edge.
"I'm sorry what was that?" he knew Qibli had the tendency to overthink a lot but it wasn't that bad...
'Well maybe it wasn't that bad to me while I was reading... But I'm not reading a book anymore.. This is real.. And If he's like this constantly... I'm not sure how he's able to live a normal life..'

"Sorry Hurricane, I tend to overthink sometimes" Qibli explained, though Daniel could tell he overthinked on a constant basis.

"It's fine, don't worry" Star said in a reassuring tone which made Daniel remember she was actually there. "besides, I'm more interested in finding out what this compass is"

"Agreed" Daniel said as he beckoned for Qibli to give him back the compass.
He compiled and soon there was a bright red compass inside the palm of his talon.

I was shaped like a dragon, had full red wings and body and he swore he had seen it somewhere else.

But he couldn't put his claw on It. Not just yet at least.
Placing the compass back on the snow Peril walked up for a closer view.