Losing My Mind

Daniel woke from his somewhat of a restful sleep. The smell of cinder had definitely died down a bit however there was still a small patch of it lingering in the air somewhere.

The sun rose in the horizon, sending waves of light which gleamed into the cavern, illuminating the inside before making its its way to a groggy Skywings face.

"Uhhggh" Daniel groaned as he rubbed his crusty eyes. He definitely did not get a good night's sleep but it would have to do as he needed to get back to the Jade Winglet.

"I definitely owe them an apology" Daniel whispered glumly.
'And an explanation...' His thoughts added.

He stepped outside the small cavern to an absolute wonder of a morning. The warm glow of the sun greeted his scales from just above the horizon. The fresh aroma of sand and sea salt made its way into his nostrils.

He took a deep breath in.... And out...
"Ah~..." Daniel sighed gracefully. "What a lovely morning"

He went over to the ocean boarder and stared at the surprisingly clear crystalline water in front of him. It was like staring through a liquid like glass.

He took a handful of seawater and splashed his face with it. Immediately his grogginess was gone and replaced with a soothing refreshing sensation.

He took a glance at the sky, some clouds had made their way overhead and would serve their purpose as a cover from the beating heat of the sun later on in the day. Especially during his gruelling flight back to the cave.

'If I can even remember which way it was...' Daniel thought, the realisation of his slight issue at hand hitting him like a bullet.

However Daniel soon ignored the slight worrying butterflies fluttering around in his stomach as he took off into the air above.

There wasn't much of a breeze so unfortunately Daniel couldn't fly as fast as he hoped, however, the scenery was quite nice.

He looked upon the vast shining desert before him. It was going to be a long journey back to his friends.
'But do they even see me as a friend anymore? I mean... I literally just flew off into oblivion without a second thought... And left them there...

"Abandoned..." Daniel thought aloud. "The one thing I promised Winter I wouldn't do..."

He continued flying for a few minutes, in deep silence... His mind was still slightly running with intrusive thoughts and whispers however he didn't pay much attention to them.

Still flying, there was no sign of the cave, only the golden glitters of sand scattered across the landscape.

'Still no sign of anything...' Daniel scowled 'Did I really fly that far?' Daniel pondered. It really didn't seem like that at the time. But then again... It wasn't like he was paying much attention, he was to busy thinking of the...

'Voices... Whispers... Cryptic sayings...' Daniel finished in his mind.

He had no idea what those voices were saying or even what they meant. He did manage to catch one saying in the bunch, 'Red Wings Peak...' Daniel repeated in his mind.

'The whispers mentioned a Red wings peak?' Daniel thought, puzzled. 'Maybe Barrens map could help me'

Instinctively he reached for the area where his little pouch would normally be only to feel his talon tap lightly on his underscales.

'Oh... Right...' Daniel remembered.

He kept flying all he could think about was the small bit of cryptic whispers he was able to understand. 'Red wings peak...'