𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓.

disclaimer: you are not obligated to listen to these songs or play them in a specific order. they just reminded me of this book and i figured to share some of my inspiration with you all! <33

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

1.  𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄 by Patience & Prudence.
- "i know (i know) you belong to somebody new, but tonight, you belong to me..."

2.  𝐎𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 by Kate Bush.
- "oh, to be in love and never get out again..."

3.  𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐙 by Tobias Lilja.
- "..."

4.  𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 by Björk.
- "you'll be given love, you'll be taken care of, you'll be given love. you have to trust it."

5.  𝐈 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 by The Flamingos.
- "my love must be a kind of blind love. i can't see anyone but you."

6.  𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 by Dreamliners.
- "when I think of you (ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh), my heart remembers (all the love we never had) all the love we never had. just me and you (doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo) (doo-doo-doo-doo)."

7.  𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 by I Monster.
- "i look at you and before my eyes, it's true. the girl of my dreams is not quite what she seems..."

8.  𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍 by Ichiko Aoba.
- "あなたの声が 響くと
とおくの島で 芽吹くの."

9.  𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃 𝐃𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄 by The Smashing Pumpkins.
- "cupid hath pulled back his sweetheart's bow to cast divine arrows into her soul. to grab her attention, swift and quick. or morrow the marrow of her bones be thick."

10.  𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐈'𝐌 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐖 by The Smiths.
- "two lovers, entwined, pass me by and heaven knows i'm miserable now."

11. 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄, 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄, 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 by The Smiths.
- "so, for once in my life, let me get what i want..."

12. 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇 Daryl Hall & John Oates.
- "you're out of touch... i'm out of time but i'm out of my head when you're not around."

13. 𝐏𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋 by Ricky Nelson.
- "she'd play around and tease me with her carefree devil eyes. she'd hold me close and kiss me but her heart was full of lies."

14.  𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 by Vacations.
- "i wish i could live without you but you're a part of me..."

15. 𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 by Dion & The Belmonts.
- "each time we have a quarrel, it almost breaks my heart 'cause i'm so afraid that we will have to part. each night, i ask the stars up above: why must i be a teenager in love?"

16. 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 by BØRNS.
- "baby, you're like lightning in a bottle. i can't let you go now that i got it and all i need is to be struck by your electric love."

17. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐈𝐓 by Roy Orbison.
- "every time i look into your loving eyes, i see a love that money just can't buy. one look from you, i drift away. i pray that you are here to stay."

18. 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐘 by The Caretaker.
- "..."

19. 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓 by Cosmo Sheldrake.
- "weighted down by morning in my birthday suit. lift up the evening. just for a while. backwards, upside down, and inside out."

20. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐄 by Glass Animals.
- "that girl is gone but i... that girl is gone but i still try. i think it's over now. the bullet hit but maybe not. i feel so fucking numb. it hits my head and i feel numb. my body's looking wrong, my body's looking wrong, my body's looking wrong..."

21. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 by Tame Impala.
- "i was doing just fine without you 'til i saw your face, now i can't erase giving in to all his bullshit. is this what you want, is this who you are?"

22.  𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 by Tears for Fears.
- "you keep your distance via the system of touch and gentle persuasion. i'm lost in admiration, could i need you this much?"

23.  𝐂𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 by Cage the Elephant.
- "cigarette daydream... you were only seventeen..."

24.  𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 by The Poni-Tails.
- "born too late to have a chance to win your love. oh, why, oh, why was it my fate to be born too late?"

25.  𝐍𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 by Radiohead.
- "i'll take a quiet life. a handshake of carbon monoxide and no alarms and no surprises, no alarms and no surprises, no alarms and no surprises. silent, silent..."

26.  𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐒 by Metallica.
- "end of passion play, crumbling away. i'm your source of self-destruction. veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear, leading on your death's construction. taste me, you will see more is all you need. dedicated to how i'm killing you."

27. 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 by 牛尾憲輔 (Kensuke Ushio).
- "God can't stop me, we are coming. you are one of us, remember?"

28. 𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 by Engelbert Humperdinck.
- "every day i wake up, then i start to break up. lonely is a man without love. every day i start out, then i cry my heart out. lonely is a man without love."

29. 𝐏𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐘 by Devo.
- "no!
what's that, puppet boy?
don't tell me what to do!
what's that, puppet boy?
i'm not a freak like you.
what's that, puppet boy?
i'll move when i want to.
i can't hear you, puppet boy. now, dance, dance, dance."

30. 𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 by Gorillaz.
-  "i'm a scary gargoyle on a tower that you made with plastic power. your rhinestone eyes are like factories far away."

31. 𝐈 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐍𝐎 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 by The Living Tombstone.
- "i have this urge... i have this urge to kill. i have this urge to kill and show that i'm alive. i'm getting sick from these apologies from people with priorities that their life matters so much more than mine but i'm stuttering. i'm stuttering again. no one will listen and no one will understand."

32.  𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 by Laufey.
- "one day, i will stop falling in love with you. someday, someone will like me like i like you. until then, i'll drink my coffee, eat my pie, pretend that we are more than friends. then, of course, i'll let you break my heart again."