Sixteen: Miss Spink and Forcible's Show.

[Ashland, Oregon. Tuesday,
November 21, 2015.]

Y/n and the Other Wybie finally reached their destination, but the weird conversation with the cat moments prior slowed the h/c-haired girl significantly. Her crush didn't notice (luckily) as he walked down the steps leading to Miss Spink and Forcible's flat.

Instead of knocking on the door, the Other Wybie instead looked over and started at Y/n. "Are you coming?" His voice is soft, and whispery, but strong. It's sweet.

"Yes..." Y/n replied and, despite the short answer, the Other Wybie listens with the utmost attention. She subconsciously started to study him. Given that he wasn't hunched over like the original, the Other Wybie stood at what Y/n guessed to be a little over six feet tall. "What are they like? The Other Miss Spink and Forcible?" She inquired.

He broke out into a grin, "Well, they're very talented. Old, but talented." Y/n laughed at his comment but as soon as she went to move forward, one of her new shoes caught the edge of something (what Y/n presumed was a step), causing her to tumble down.

Before she could stick her landing and be met with scrapes and bruises alike, the Other Wybie caught her just in time, hoisting her up so Y/n could catch her proper footing. However, by the time she looked up, her eyes widened at the fact that her face was now only mere inches from Wybie's. It was here that the new tenant noticed how pretty—

"Are you okay?" He asked, hands still holding onto Y/n's shoulders.

"Y-Yeah!" She stuttered and moved her body to see what made her almost trip down the stairs to see nothing. Nothing at all. "Thank you..." Y/n whispered and gently pulled away from the Other Wybie's grasp.

"Don't mention it."

Entering the flat, the pair have to push past elegant velvet curtains to discover an enormous, darkened theatre with dim rows of seats and a high wooden stage. "Wow..." Y/n felt her breath be taken away but it was short-lived by a flashlight.

The sudden brightness caused her to squint and watch as the light comes towards her, carried by a black Scottie with button eyes. He looks up at her, sniffs, then leads her down the aisle past rows and rows of button-eyed Scotties, to a front seat by the Other Wybie who had already chosen his spot.

The lights flash, the audience quiets, and then the curtains open on a seaside setting with rotating waves. The Other Miss Spink rises on stage left with her hair tied back and wearing nothing but an ornate green bra and white trousers beneath her fishtail.

"I..." Y/n blinks with surprise and meets the Other Wybie's amused gaze. She, on the other hand, didn't know what to make of the older woman's outfit. It shocked her amazingly.

Miss Spink sings, "I'm known as the siren of all seven seas. The breaker of hearts by the bay," a flat cut-out ship manned by cut-out men rows in behind her. "So, if you go swimmin' with bow-legged women, I might steal your weak heart away!"

She bows her head and the audience of dogs thumps their tails. The Other Miss Spink is lowered through the stage floor, the scenery changes, and on the right, a huge scallop shell rises with the Other Miss Forcible, wearing ornate sea-blue bits to cover her breasts and crotch — her homage to Botticelli's painting of Birth of Venus. She's facing the wrong way.

"Oh my gosh." Y/n plainly says, turning her head and proceeding to bury her head in the neck belonging to the Other Wybie. He tenses. 

A dog howls, alerting the near-blind lady, who turns to the audience and begins the next verse. "A big-bottomed sea witch may bob through the waves, and hope to lead sailors astray, but a true ocean goddess, must fill out her bodice," she indicates to her ample bosom. "To present an alluring display."