Twenty-Five: The Comfort of Wybie's Arms.

[Ashland, Oregon. Wednesday,
November 22, 2015.]

Later that day, Y/n leaned against the front porch with the black cat resting his body against her leg. She didn't have anything to do. She knew that she could always give her neighbours a visit but given the latest events, the h/c-haired girl didn't feel so comfortable talking to them.

Maybe she'll warm up to them again. She also didn't want to take any chances and now kept the button-like key near her person.

"Hey, Y/n," a familiar voice interrupts her pensive thoughts. Both the new tenant and the stray look up to see the nearing figure of Wybie Lovat who was walking beside his bike. "I haven't heard from you in a while." He stated the obvious.

"Sorry about that..." she apologized. "Wybie, can I ask you something?" Y/n pursed her lips together, praying that he wouldn't get upset with her.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" Wybie took a seat by his crush. Looking at her expectantly. The cat was in between them. They looked like a happy family. "It's about our hangout today—" before Y/n could finish her proposal, she was promptly interrupted by the anxious teenager.

"Oh, no! Please don't tell me your dad told you that you can't go."

"No!" Y/n couldn't help but giggle at his assumption. "It's just that some stuff has been happening and I was wondering, if it's okay with you, that we can postpone it until tomorrow?" She asked. It didn't seem like a big deal when she said it out loud but, then again, this was the first non-official date that Y/n has ever agreed to go on. She was freaking out.

"Yeah, yeah!" Wybie nodded his head, understanding. "Are you sure that you're okay?" He has taken notice that Y/n hasn't been in the best of moods these past few days. It was beginning to worry him.

"Do you think you can spend the night here?" Y/n bluntly questioned which immediately prompted Wybie to forget every word in his vocabulary. He stared at her with wide eyes. "I've been having... nightmares. Yeah, nightmares," she lied. She knew that he wasn't going to believe her about the Other World. "I don't really want to talk about them but just... please?" The h/c-haired girl looked up at him.

Wybie was still in shock.

"I..." he managed to say through many struggles. "Yeah." He cleared his throat. "Also... if you don't mind me asking... what happened to you?" He gestured to the now several cuts that could be located on Y/n's face.

She looked to the side. "Oh... I accidentally scared the cat. He scratched me but he didn't mean to." She lied. The Other Michael was responsible for her injuries.

"Busted!" The triumphant voice of Michael shouted from above them. The two looked around wildly before spotting him peeking his head out from his singular bedroom window.

"Have you been spying on us?" Y/n shouted back and tilted her head to the side. She wasn't impressed in the slightest. "What have you heard?" Luckily, none of them had to worry about David eavesdropping since he is working right now.

"Does it matter?" Michael knew what he was doing was wrong but it was certainly better than damaging his hearing. "You know tomorrow is my birthday, right?" He reminded his sister who looked like a deer in headlights.

"Well..." Y/n averted her gaze. "Do you think it's okay if Wybie and I hang out after we celebrate your birthday?" She asked.

"I don't care. Go on ahead." Michael disappeared back into the Pink Palace again.