chapter 3 : hope

Maya's P.O.V

"Mira" I called out her name as she seemes lost in her thought to even notice my presence.
"Aunt maya" that was all she said in a very sad tone
"Mirabel you don't have to worry about any thing your mum will be alright. Are you hungry?"
" No I am not I just want my mum, that all."
"She'll be alright, do you think if you mum wakes you she'll be happy seeing your beautiful face all wet and teary. So now you will do something for me you will wipe you face and put on your signature bright beautiful smile."
"Okay"she says as she wipe off her tears.
"Where is dad?"she asked.
" He will be back soon, he had to go out for some important work. Don't worry, okay. "
"Okay"
I pat her head and said "Mira stay here I will be back soon I need to talk to the doctor." She nodded and I went straight to the doctors office

*Knock knock knock*
"Come in" came a voice from the other side. I entered and saw the doctor reading a file then he signalled me to sit and I did so

"Doctor how long did we have till the operation."
"Immediately the payment has been made." He said.
"Can i pay In installment"
"Sorry ma'am, we don't take payment in installment. If all of our patient were to pay in installment this hospital would be running a financial loss."
"Okay sir I understand, please give us two weeks to be able to gather the money."
"Okay, no problem but please don't take too long. The longer you take the lower her chance of survival."
"Okay doctor, thank you"

Just as I was about to leave a nurse came in to tell the doctor that amilea was awake. The doctor said we could go and see her since she was awake. I went to where mirabel was and told her that her mum was awake. And she literally ran to her mum as she sees her
"Mummy" Mira said in happiness "How are you feeling now"
"Mira I am feeling much better now "
"Mummy I am really sorry I didn't listen to you, it all my fault" Mirabel said feeling guilty.
"Don't say that, I'm just stressed out, that all, it not your fault twinkle."

Ameila looked into my eye understanding all that has happened, she expected everything that has happened. She knows she has not more than two month left,she didn't tell Eathan because she knew he would not have done anything.
"Are you feeling better ameila." I said finally breaking the silence so Mira won't notice any thing.
"Yes maya, thank you so much."

"Let go the doctor said you're discharged, i will drive you both home."

While driving Amelia and mirabel sat at the back seat. Mirabel was fast asleep in ameila arm. I proceeded to telling Amelia everything that happened at the hospital and that I have decided to pay the hospital bills but she refused saying that I have done enough for her already. After much argument and persuation we decided to spilt the bills .

* One week later*
Ameila and maya barely raised half of the money needed for the surgery. Amelia decided to meet Eathan for help.

Ameila's P.O.V
I looked at the glass beside Eathan's study room my hair is long gone my face is pale like there is hardly any blood flow my legs are already so weak o have to sit on wheelchair with an oxygen bag following me everywhere and yet i refuse to give up I want to fight for my life for my child so I asked my nurse to stay in the room so I could talk to Eathan.

I rolled closer to his door and knocked on the door twice, but there was no response, so I decided to enter to check if he was there. I saw him sitting on the chair busy doing something on his laptop.

"Eathan I would like to talk to you."

No answer

"Please Eathan, i dont have enough money for my surgery and I need to be there to take care of my daughter." Then he looked up and started walking up to me.

"Woman when are you going to realise I DON'T CARE about you, about any thing you do, you are only to me because my parent choose you but that doesn't make you my responsibility. Are you that dumb just to realise this little thing. "

"What is your problem Eathan, i want to know, i want to know what your problem is. Why are you always pushing me away and acting like everything is on me, you know you are not the only one forced into this marriage I tried making this marriage work so may times but the only thing you have ever given me is pain so why are acting like I was the one who forced you into this marriage, you could have said no to this marriage but because of your selfish interest you agreed NOW TELL ME WHAT WAS MY FAULT IN THAT." My eye widened in shock as I didn't know when those words slipped out of my mouth.

Eathan started moving closer to me I wanted to move I just couldn't feel my leg. "Did you just raise you voice at me" He said in a very intimidating tone.

"I -am--sor--Sorry." Was all I could say.
And immediately he left with out taking a second glance at me. I sunk into my chair and started crying, i felt useless and-

My thought was interrupted when I heard my phone ring. It was maya.

"Maya."
"Amilea get ready we are leaving for the hospital Tommorow, i got the remaining money." I quickly wiped my tears and stood up.

"Maya, where did you get the money I such short notice."I know i should be happy but I don't want her to go extra miles just to save me.

"You Don't have worry about that okay, now you can finally get the surgery done. "

"Thank you so much maya I don't know if i can thank you enough thank- "

"It okay amilea I am just doing what my brother should have done. Okay now no more talking be ready by 10 Tommorow morning I will pick you up. Bye." She said and hung up.

Thank you so much maya I just have one last thing to do before i leave for the uncertain, to talk to my daughter.
I took a deep breath and rolled  out of the room.

Holla people, sorry for the late update.
Just to make it clear the first 5 or 6 chapter of this book will be about mirabel' s past so stay tuned
Please I need your veiw on what you think about the story so far.

As usual vote and comment about the story and ignore grammatical errors.

Stay connected 😉😉😉