Chapter 6: Mum?

I smiled as I hugged my aunt and father who pretended to be happy as well. "Let me go and greet her first before I go home ", i said and both of them said "No" at the same times. Aunt maya later said she slept off after a while.
    "No problem then, can go fast and get the food?", i said, very happy that my sweet mum was well again. As we drove home, the both of them did not say a word to each other or even me. Their silence was uncomfortable. How could they be so dull when mum has finally gained consciousness?, i thought. I decided to break the silence, "dad when will the doctor discharge mum?"
     "Maybe tomorrow, let see how she improves from now on," he replied.
      "I think the doctor said day after tomorrow ," aunt Maya added.
       "That alright", I chipped in, "As long as she is fine again."

    Nothing was said again until we got home. I quickly prepared the food for mum I asked aunt Maya and dad if the wanted to eat but the refused saying they don't have appetite. I quickly packed the food so we could go back to the hospital.
    "Mira dear." Aunt Maya called me.
    "Yes aunt." I answred.
    "Please come and sit down, there is something very important we would like to discuss with you." She continued.
     "Aunt can't it wait? Mum may have woken up now and you know she has not eaten since." I protested
     "Don't worry she will eat later." Aunt Maya said.

    I sat down with my dad and my aunt who went silent again. They were looking at each other and probably wondering what to say next and how to say it, "Mira how was school today?" This time it was my dad that spoke."do you have any problem so far."
       "School is fine dad and I don't have any problem except that I want mum to recover quickly."

      Those words touched them so much and I saw real fear in their faces. By then aunt Maya had already left her chair to sit close to me. She held me very close to herself and began to cry. She could not hold her self any longer.
     "Aunt why are you crying?" I asked in confusion dad also joined her crying this is the first time I am seeing my dad cry In front of me. I just sat looking at them.
     What is happening to them? Why are they crying her they should be happy that mum was finally out of coma? Wait a minute, could it be that they lied to me? Why on earth will make both of them cry like babies?

      The picture was getting clearer as my aunt hugged me closer than before. "Your mum is dead." Aunt Maya finally dropped the bomb. I felt like the room was spinning around me even though I still sat in one place. I stood up to carry the food to give it to my mum. No they are lying to me, she said she will never leave me alone. They both rushed to stop me. I went to her beautiful portrait hanging on the wall. I brought it down, i placed it on my chest and started walking around with it . I was smiling and talking to the only woman whom I knew had shown me so much love. I took the picture to the dining table where I kept the food. "Mom" I called smiling at her picture and asking her to eat. My dad and aunt were still crying but I didn't bother about them. All I wanted was to be told that my mum was still alive. Suddenly I began to scream.
                   Mom?
I cried for days, weeks and month.

  I went to her room one day just like i used to when ever I couldn't take it anymore. And I saw a letter written on it was Mira it looked like mum's handwriting I began to cry, i sat on the floor resting on the bed and opened it.

        Twinkle please don't cry. I am sorry I will not be able to see you through the real world, i won't to tell you how proud I am when you finally get to college and pursuit your dream of being a software engineer, i won't be there when you need to share the detail of your first kiss with just like we use to talk about. you are the most precious thing I've got.

   Baby they were things I couldn't tell you, things better of kept hidden. I am sorry that one day when you need your mother the most she won't be there for you, i am sorry for those days it was rude to push you away like that, please forgive me.

   Make sure you follow your dreams no matter what and trust your instincts. You will Always be my strong baby girl but you are not a coward,you are my fighter and not quitter there would always be a lot of people who wants to bring you down. Don't let any thing break you down be resilent no matter the circumstances, don't make the same i made and lastly wherever you go follow you heart but take your brain along.

  Mum is now tired, she need to rest. Twinkle don't cry so much ,wouldn't like it if you do. I don't like it when you are sad.

Just always keep it in mind that I love you and I always have. Mummy loves you and will always be with you.

To my sweetheart, my twinkle.
-- much love from mummy.

I read the letter again and again and every time  I start crying, i try to stop myself from crying but I just can't. I miss her so much.

I hugged the bed I was resting on clutching I tightly, i was a crying mess. I had so many thing I wanted to tell you. I wanted to tell her how much I loved, I wanted to tell her how much I want to make her proud but she is not here to listen.

          Mum why? You said you won't leave, you promised me. Why? Why? Why?

One minute silence for Amelia
We will miss you 😭😭😭😭

Anyways don't forget to vote and comment about the story and most importantly ignore my grammatical errors

Stay connected 😉😉😉😉😉😉