Chapter 9: Bitch mode

"And the good news issssssss" like seriously

"You are getting married in two days" silence was the only thing that was to be heard

"Hmm" I chuckled.
"Jasmine," I said in a calmer tone than usual. "What did you say the good news was again."

"Well I said before that we got a very profitable deal and in return they asked for your hand in marriage nothing much." She said casually.

"So what you are trying to tell me us that you are selling me off BECAUSE OF A FUCKUNG DEAL." I shouted the last part.

"Lower your voice young lady."

'I should lower my voice' i scoffed. I stood up from where I was sitting and faced Jasmine

"Now listen to me very carefully I am not going to get married under your accord, I am not going to be an housewife so get that into your thick skull."

"ENOUGH." My dad's voice boomed in the whole house making me jump up a little. I saw a smirk coming to Jasmine's face.

"Is this how you are meant to be talking to your elders?"

"Yeah, when the elder deserves it." I said back

"MIRA." He shouted again. What's with all the shouting today. I am surprised he still remembers my name.

"You are getting married and that's final." He said and stood up to leave.

"No I am not getting married you can't tell me what to do and what not to do anymore, no I am not getting married. "

"Continue saying it until you belive it."
Nobody has to tell me that was Jasmine.

I didn't even know when a tear slipped from my eye

"Why dad?? Why what in this wicked world have I done to you to deserve this. You are my father, am I just a fucking deal to you? This was not what you said to mum when she was alive"

"ENOUGH not another word from you. Jasmine get her ready for the wedding." He was about to walk out when I held his arm

"Dad please don't do this. If you don't want me here then I will leave and never show you my face again. I can't get married now please."

"And what good will that do me. You're getting married and that's final" he pushed me away and walked out
I just sat on the floor, when Jasmine came over to me

" Any plans you have to run away, abort it now. Your dad has men all over the world. Even if you run to the end of the world, he'll still find you so don't make it worse"

I took a deep breath trying not to turn her annoying face to pulp and stood right in front of her

"Oh please, I think I'm in a much better position to decide what's good for me. Kindly mind your business and know your place, step mother."

I left her and went to my room, thinking all night. I couldn't even cry my eyes out my mind going numb trying deciding on what to do.
Why God? Why?

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

I woke up due to a loud noise coming from God knows where

    Argggggggh God save the person at that door.

It's definitely not my alarm cause I don't set an alarm on Thursday, then sleepily, I walked out of bed towards the door

I saw Jasmine looking at me as if I ran mad. Yay

I probably look a little weird
Okay maybe not a little. I stayed up all night and pulled my hair in frustration, what did you expect.

"Oh so you finally learnt how manners and learnt out to knock" I said staring at her with annoyance

"You mannerless child"

"If the mother does not have what do you expect from the child."  I said in a not so sweet voice I was clearly getting annoyed

"I Am not your mother" she said easing her voice a little.

"Don't flatter yourself I won't  give you the honour"

She started at me in shock

"If you don't have anything thing better to do Jasmine I do"
  I was about to close the door on her face when she snapped out of her trance.

"Wait"

"Well you are going meet your in- laws today so get ready and wear something presentable. I've sent you the address and fix your hair and your face" she said pointing at my face.

"Mind your business"
" you look horrible and your hair looks like a bird's nest, any man that see you right now will run away from marrying you arranged or not, your.........."

"The last time I checked I didn't ask for that much detail, did I?" I slammed the door right on her face

"Get there before 11am, don't keep them waiting." she said through the door.

I look at my phone for the place.
'What, a restaurant'

I took a deep breath and went into the shower. I took a long time in the bathtub just to waste time. I have decided on what to do, have you ever seen what will happen if a bride says no on her wedding day?

Holla lovelies, this chapter came late and maybe a little boring.
Just cope with me for a little while

Please vote and comment and ignore grammatical errors

Stay connected😉😉😉😉😉😉