- Chapter 5 -

Sienna

- 3 months later -

I'm moving to San Jose today. It's bittersweet leaving, I'll admit but I think I'm due a fresh start. I can't help thinking about the skate though, it's been 3 months and i'm still caught up on it.

Why was he there, he lived in San Fransisco. I mean we both live here now, but it's weird he was there right. However, his sister having my Jersey was cute.

"Be safe, call me when you get there." It does upset me knowing Kayla won't be there, I think it will hit me more when I land. "Of course." Luckily I don't have much that I'm bringing with me, I've sold most of my stuff. I plan on buying everything when I get there. Like I said, fresh start.

That starts with a new wardrobe.

I've put some pinterest boards together, I'll probably go back over them on the plane. I pretty much have my whole life planned out for the time I'm there. I don't know how long I'm going to be there for, that is my mistake though. I can't know for sure if I'm going to be traded after a season or two.

"I'll miss you though, although you are a bitch at times." Kayla is crying, like actually crying with real tears. She never cries this is so weird. "I feel the same, asshole." I laugh at her, mainly for crying but I'm laughing through the fact that I'll probably cry on the plane.

I'm excited for this season though, for some reason I want to try playing against Kayla again. I know we'll be really competitive and I hope that shows in my numbers.

I know I want to be the top point scorer, again. I tend to ignore that fact, although I am really proud of it.

"Make sure to facetime me a lot okay?" I roll my eyes at her and nod, like we haven't had this conversation literally a million times. "I haven't forgotten, don't worry. But I really need to go, I can't miss this flight."

"I love you, okay?" She says, pulling me in for a hug and I hug her back tightly. Like it's the last time I'm going to see her. It's not, we know that. I could be moving to the other side of the country, I'm only a few hours away. "I love you too."

I am really going to miss her.

------------

I missed my flight.

I got stuck in security and they let my suitcase go with the plane. So I've paid for a last minute flight and I've stayed in a hotel. I haven't told Kayla, I'd be crazy to. So I rang her from the hotel telling her I was there.

I've been stressing out all day, I want my suitcase. I have all my hockey stuff in there. Yeah my bag with my stick and stuff also went on the plane. So I literally will have to buy everything when I get there if I don't get it back.

I've emailed the company asking where my bags are and I've heard nothing. I have money but not enough to buy all that as soon as I get there. I don't get paid during off season and I've bought a house. I'm not exactly comfortable, let me rephrase that. I have enough to live, but I cannot buy furniture so I'll be living on a mattress, ordering food every day until I get paid.

I'm on my way back to the airport, if my bags aren't in the airport when I get to San Jose I am fucked.

I'm early this time, when I went yesterday I arrived at the recommended time. I'm an hour early. Obviously I have nothing to hand in so it's a little bit easier this time. I have enough time to get breakfast.

I have around an hour and a half until I board.

"Sienna Montgomery?" A girls voice rings out from behind me. Really? It's too early for this.

Oh shit.

"Summer?" I ask confirming her name, Xavier's sister. She nods at me, almost looking shocked. "You remember me?" I nod at her and she smiles happily although it's 7 in the morning. I need what she's having.

"Of course I do!" I smile back at her, I'm guessing she's with her mom. An older lady comes around the corner. "Who's this, baby?" She asks Summer.

"My favourite hockey player, apart for Avier. He thinks she's pretty." What. What did she say? I think me and her mom are pulling the same confused face at her. "How do you know that sweetie?" Her mom asks her.

"He told me!" I literally can't get any words out. If it was me saying that to one of my brother's crushes when we were younger they would've killed me.

What am I supposed to say?

Tell him thank you? I think he's hot too? No!

"Are you going to see him?" I ask her, she nods happily and her mother looks relieved I've changed the subject. Now that I think about it though, Xavier looks nothing like their mom. Maybe I'm assuming things I don't know.

She looks in between us both. "Are you going to your new team?" Summer asks.

"I am."

"I got the jersey!" She exclaims, she warms my heart. I smile at her happily. "Thank you." I tell her, I look towards her mom and she looks anxious. I look in her direction and she's looking at the flight board. We need to go. "I'm sorry, but we really need to be going." Her mom says, taking Summer's hand.

"No worries, my flights boarding." I tell her, picking my purse of the table I was sat at.

If I couldn't get over that encounter how the fuck am I going to manage this.

---------------

I've just landed, no sight or word on my bags yet. I want to know my stick is okay. I love that stick, I've got so used to using that specific one. I haven't snapped it yet.

I figured there is no point waiting for my bag on the carousel so I head straight to the help desk.

"My bags went on the wrong plane yesterday, I was wondering if they got here?" They were definitely on that flight. "Name?"

"Sienna Montgomery."

"Nope." He didn't even check.

"Are you sure? I really need that bag. One of them at least." I tell him desperately.

"Look, lady. You can check lost and found and if it's not there it's not here. Leave me alone." Talk about rude, God.

I am checking lost and found though. I guess in my head I've figured it's been stolen, I don't think anyone is checking Id.

It's quite an empty room for lost and found, hopefully if it's here nothing is missing.

I think I spoke too fucking soon. Nothing is missing, but my stick is snapped straight in half. I think I actually shed a tear. I looked after this stick with my life. Now I need to buy a new one, I have spares. One is too small and one has a weird grip. I really need to get rid of them.

"Ma'am is that your bag?"

"Yes?"

"You don't look like you play hockey." If I had a dollar I've heard that I'd be a millionaire, I'm smaller then most, I do make up for that in being fast though.

"Trust me I do." I'm tempted to get out the numerous scars I have around my ankles but I leave it.

"Please be quick."

I grab my suitcase and my bag and leave, my suitcase has multiple dents in it now. They definitely weren't there before.

I'm definitely going to a skate shop, I need new skates and a new stick. This is going to cost me a fortune.