- Chapter 7 -

Xavier

I swear if I see her one more time I'm going to lose my shit. Summer won't stop talking about her either, that doesn't help.

"I hope I see her again!" I honestly didn't know she saw her at the airport, when she said she was tired I got defensive. According to Summer she wasn't a prick, I don't really trust that though. Summer likes her a lot, she'll probably stand up for her.

"You probably will." I tell her, I'm really trying not to come off harsh to her, I don't want to do that. She's my sister and I don't want to disagree with her constantly over a girl.

"I told her what you told me." She has that particular smile on her face and it really worries me. I look at her confused. "What did I tell you?"

"That you think she's pretty." My face drops literally immediately, kill me now. My face is resting in my hands and Summer is laughing very loudly. "Summer? Really?" I can't be annoyed at her, if anything I'm annoyed at myself for telling her.

"She wasn't upset about it." That makes me feel so much better, sarcasm. I don't like her, quite frankly I don't think she likes me either. That is a good thing though, I do not want a relationship right now. She's not a person I could just be friends with.

"Thanks, Summer." I tell her sarcastically, I can't tell how she took that. Her face hasn't changed at all, she's still smiling. "Can she be my sister?" She says.

She's going to kill me off one day.

"Summer, we don't exactly get along." Her face drops at that, I don't think that's what she was expecting. "Do I have to not like her now?" She looks like she's about to cry, scrap what I said earlier, that's going to kill me.

I frown slightly, she can have her own opinions I won't tell her who to and not to like. That's not fair on her. "Summer, no. You can like whoever you want."

"So I don't have to like Marie?"

I laugh a little at that. "No one likes Marie, Summer."

--------------

Training may just be the worst part of my job.

I feel like it drags on for hours, it does last for hours. Time just goes so slow. I'll put it this way, when you first start playing hockey it's fun. You may even enjoy it, now it's just shit. Going over and over shit you already know how to do.

"Rhodes, try a wrap around." See? I can do that shit in my sleep.

I set myself up and skate around the net, putting my puck comfortably inside it. See, easy.

"Good."

I watch as the others try different shots, slap shots, one-on-ones, two-on-ones. Everything, a lot of them go in and it reminds me of exactly where I am. I definitely shouldn't be here, on paper I should. With my attitude I definitely shouldn't be.

We all gather to look at game plans and these actually look different. The only thing I'm learning today by the looks of it.

When you're in the minors you tend to look at play styles in the higher leagues. However, that does make your style of play really predictable. Which is why I usually think of everything I do on the spot. It works, most of the time.

My play style works, just look at my numbers. I'm allowed to be cocky about that.

I literally cannot wait for this to be over though, I'd much rather be playing actual games. Luckily this isn't an open training session, y'know the ones where fans can watch. I've never liked those, it's enough pressure during games.