- Chapter 8 -

Sienna

I felt so bad after what I said to him. In my defence how was I supposed to know? I'm now sat on the bench with Summer while Xavier gets her mom. I feel really bad for the both of them, they very clearly don't want to be separated.

If I'm being honest I don't really know why I sat with Summer in the first place, I saw her on her own and I felt bad. Plus I saw her fall, he got there before I did and I decided there was no reason for me to help her. I might as well keep her company.

"Avier said you don't get along with him."

"He did? I didn't know he felt like that." Honestly how do I tell a child about how I feel about him, mainly because I don't really know. Also because I feel like it's really complicated. "Why did he say that, do you know?"

This is wrong, why am I asking a child about this. "No, I asked him and he wouldn't say."

"Okay, lets talk about something else, okay?" I offer, I'd love to get away from this topic. "Okay!" She says happily, that however is really short lived. When Xavier and Summers mom come around the corner he is trying to hard not to make eye contact with me or Summer.

"Come on Summer, let's go." She's pissed, like furious. Before she turns away, I see her whisper something to Xavier. He looks uncomfortable, I feel really awkward just stood here. I watch them walk away, Xavier just sits on the bench and starts untying his laces.

"I'm sorry about Summer."

"You wouldn't know, I see her twice a year for four days a time. She is leaving a day early." I guess I don't know, I see my brothers more then twice a year. He rests his back against the boards and sighs.

"I might not, but I'm willing to listen."

"Fuck that, I can be nice to you when my sister is around but, no."

"No?"

"Nope."

"Okay." I say, sitting next to him on the bench. "What are you doing, Sienna?" I'm not going to lie to you, my name sounded pretty nice then. Maybe because he's really attractive and has a really nice voice. He doesn't need to know that though.

"I don't have anything better to do." I tell him, he looks away from me at my skates. "Clearly." He says, cockily. Is that a word? I roll my eyes and he notices.

"I have a question."

"Please don't ask me." He mutters, I'm going to anyways.

"Why are you an ass? Do you have a reason or are you just an ass for the fun of it." I ask him and he tenses up, he's doing that a lot today. "Do you mind not asking me stuff? I trust you around my sister, not with me."

"Why'd you word it like that?"

"Word what like what?" He says and I tilt my head at him, "what you just said, what do you mean by that?"

"It's been a long day okay? Can you not keep asking me stuff." I'm pushing and I don't want to push but he's clearly not okay. "Okay, okay. I give up."

"Thank fuck." I sit back up again at that and turn to face him properly.

"Okay, stop being a fucking dick. I'm trying to understand you."

"No, you're being pushy. Not trying to understand me." He scoffs and I just shake my head at him. "We're never going to be friends, are we?" I ask.

"We never could."

"That sounds so edgy." I laugh slightly.

"Shut the fuck up."