a sick-twisted bond

It was the night Anika died. Chad chose to stay in Sam and Tara's apartment, and Ethan went back to his, insisting he needed rest.

Daisy came over to his apartment, and they sat close together, bonding over this sick killing spree they were on.

Daisy knew she would be accused by everybody the next morning since she was "at econ" and not with the rest of the group, but she didn't care. She knew Tara would back her up, and so would Ethan.

She knew Tara was naive enough to fall for her traps. Tara and Amber were best friends before she was Ghostface. That made Tara and Daisy quite close too. They saw each other as sisters.

When Daisy discovered that her sister was a killer, she wasn't sure what to think. She understood Tara's resentment towards Amber, but she never expected to see Tara murder her own sister before her eyes.

It wasn't a quick or painless death either. It was brutal. Burned and shot all in the same minute. She tried to cover her ears as Amber begged for her to help. Anytime Daisy even tried to approach her sister for a goodbye, Gale and Sidney ordered her to stay back because Amber was dangerous.

Was her older sister really dangerous? The same older sister who cared for her all her life? Tara knew of all the pain Daisy went though, and wouldn't dare accuse her because she knew she was sensitive in that area.

But Daisy couldn't bring herself to ever care for Tara again. She only saw red when the black-haired girl entered the premise.

Ethan sat next to a cross-legged Daisy on his bed. "You know, Richie loved Amber. But I was always convinced he really did love Sam. He talked about her all the time. But she killed him, and stabbed him twenty-two times. She never loved him. She didn't just do what she 'had to do', she took it a step further," Ethan sighed, sharing the uneasy memory.

Daisy understood everything he was saying all too well. She felt the same way about Amber, and her best friend, Tara.

"You know, it was the same way with my sister and her best friend. I knew that Amber really felt strongly about Tara, but Tara felt nothing when she shot her in the head."

Ethan wrapped his arms around Daisy. She looked up at him in surprise. "What are you doing, Landry?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

Daisy felt her own cold heart beating fast at Ethan's touch. It felt as if he was warming it up. Nobody had ever done that before, at least not since her sister had died.

When Amber died, Daisy felt like killing someone, but she knew she had to be Ghostface alone because she would be turned in by her dumb friends.

But now she wasn't alone. She was with another killer like her, who just happened to be the brother of her sister's boyfriend.

It was like it was meant to be.

They were brought together because of their siblings. Amber would be happy for her. But Daisy wished she was still here to hear about it. Her and Ethan would get along well.

But they weren't together yet. Both of them could feel the tension though.

She slept over Ethan's that night, and she never felt safer. But she couldn't let herself soften up, not now, not ever.

Daisy had to kill, not love.

Or could she do both?