Cleaning

Cecelia May

I made two sandwiches, keeping the Mayo and mustard for side incase he doesn't like it, and so it doesn't make the bread soggy.

I grabbed some of the jalapeño kettle chips and put it in a baggie.

I put a water and canned Arizona half and half over the ice pack in the lunchbox.

I put a rice crispy treat in with a cosmic brownie in as well.

I placed it in my fridge as he walked out of my room, tugging on a shirt.

I began making a salad that I knew wouldn't fit in the lunch box.

"What?" He pointed to all of the stuff I got out.

"Oh, I'm making you lunch for work. I have to clean my house. I'm deep cleaning, like, scrub daddy on bathtub deep cleaning. And grocery shopping." I chopped the lettuce on the board, putting it in the glass Tupperware.

"Come." He said.

I smiled at him.

"Honey, I deeply apologize that I can't. I'll send you my location if you'd like, I'll answer every text and call. I'll write you a little note in your lunch." I put some croutons, pinto beans, cheese, and more into it.

He frowned.

I shut the lid, placing it in the fridge and walked around my island to him.

I held his hands.

"I'm sorry. I know it's hard for you. You have to work, do what you love, the art you love. But this one thing, is what I do every week, I dedicate one day to clean the space I live in because it makes me feel better and makes me very happy." I said gently and he nodded.

"You'll be okay, it's only 5 hours." I put my head down and he kissed my forehead.

His hands let mine go as they went around my waist, bringing me in to a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he took a deep breath.

"I love you." I whispered.

Immediately he held me tighter and I smiled.

"You have to go." I said.

He pulled away, grabbing my face, kissing me so soft.

I turned, grabbing his lunch box and Tupperware of salad, handing it to him.

"I'm only a call away Rhodes." I said.

He chewed his cheek, clearly nervous to leave.

"I'll send you my location." I reassured and he nodded.

"I love you. I appreciate this, I'm very proud of you and very grateful for you." I tilted my head.

He walked to me, kissing my forehead again.

I looked up at him and he put his forehead to mine.

"You'll be alright. Try to keep up with water so you don't shake too much like you do when you get anxious. And listen to the music you like and always quietly play in the car while you tattoo. Eat regularly and take deep breaths-"

He cupped my face, kissing me.

"I-I've got i-it baby." He whispered.

"I know. Just checking." I laughed, nervous about getting a call of him having a panic attack.

When he could talk least.

I sighed.

"Have fun." He kissed my forehead, grabbing my hand, kissing my knuckles before leaving.