Chapter 1

Diere

I wake up to my alarm blaring abruptly I groan loudly and fumble around with my eyes closed trying to find my phone to turn it off. I'm not a morning person at all. after finally turning it off i force myself to wake up by slapping my face which maybe isn't the most effective way. i climb down from the top bunk and wake up my little sister and then go make breakfast. i whip up some eggs and bacon since my dad is still not awake.

"MAC, DESTINEY, ROWAN, HARLOW, HARLEY" I yell up the stairs I got to set the plates on the table hearing footsteps thumbing down the stairs rhythimcly. yes, I have 6 siblings 4 of which my mom and dad adopted, making the number of living creatures in this 2 story, 4 bedroom house 9 which may seem crowded. Still, I wouldn't change it for a thing I turn on an amazing world of gumball for everyone to watch grab my plate, and head to my room to get ready for school Darwin following my scent of maple bacon. I throw him a piece and start shoveling food into my mouth once I notice that I have 30 minutes to get ready. After I'm done i run to my bathroom and swiftly put on a baby tee, flared jeans, and my Crocs, brush my teeth, and put a clip in curly my hair all done in 15 minutes a personal record. having to share a bathroom with 6 kids really helps with your time management I even have time to throw on some concealer and mascara. I grab my backpack (which I prepared the night before), headphones, and book and head back downstairs grabbing the keys to my parent's minivan.

"Hey honey" my mom half hugs me holding my 6-month-old little sister Noora who I kiss on the cheek which causes her to smile that heart-melting smile. I love babies

"hi Mom and hello Noora," I say in a baby voice grabbing her from my mom and placing her in her high chair my mom gives me a thankful look.

"what would I do without you," she says yawing she works the night shift and at the pediatric center so I try to help out whenever I can "Dad still sleep?"

"yeah I made breakfast," I say handing her and Noora a plate of food

"you're a lifesaver" She smiles and I return the smile and call my siblings down so I can drive them to school

"have fun you guys," My mom says as we're heading out the door I don't know why she would think we would have fun at school I mean it's school but I appreciate the gesture so I wave goodbye to her. As were getting in I did a head count to make sure everyone is there when I'm sure I put the car into drive and head off to our school which are only 5 minutes away from each other mine conveniently being the farthest. once i reach the elementary/middle school I grab everyone's backpack from the front seat.

"Can we borrow 10 bucks?" Harlow asks with a sweet kiss-ass smile on his face.

"for what," I ask cocking my eyebrow.

"for lunch" Harley answers holding his hands together pleadingly "pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee" they both say harmoniously. I hand them the money and their backpacks "Now get out" I roll my eyes

"Thanks," they say in sync.

"Can we have 10 dollars too?" Destiny says with a little sparkle in her eye. i groan dramatically and give everyone 5 dollars I was gonna have to work a double to make that back."okay everyone out now!" they all leave satisfied and I head off to my school blasting my Spotify playlist and singing along loudly. I hear my phone ringing and pick it up to see it's a Facetime call from Angel aka my sister whos, not my sister but is basically my sister.

"Hey are you almost here?!" Angel says standing in the courtyard of our high school. Angel is my short curvy crystal loving best friend. she has a dark rich skin tone and knee-length butterfly locks and deep brown eyes she's stunning but she did have a cat ear phase in middle school which I'm not supposed to talk about.