Chapter 10

Diere

I nearly choke on my fruit snack when Rowan asks me that. I look over to august who's also looking at me flushed with pink cheeks. Rowan looks confused by our reaction and waits for out response.

"Uhm maybe in the future ro" I say finally coming up with what I think is an appropriate answer and since we're already at the house so she dosent pry anymore. Me and august help everyone get out the car and I grab my keys to unlock the door.

"Mom we're home august is here too" her head pops out of the kitchen smiling widely a bit too widely. All the kids rush in running to my mom and I stay back with august going over our plan.

"Ok here's the plan-"

"What plan?" I hear my dad say not knowing he was behind us I totally forgot he said he was going to be home for dinner. He mean mugs august already starting the overprotective dead act.

"Mr.Moore It's nice to meet you" a sweat beading from his forehead as he reaches out to shake my dads hand but he just sits there. I glare at him giving him a silent "be nice". He finally reaches out to shake augusts hand.

"So your august" he says in a chilling voice that even scares me. He was doing way too much and embarrassing me.

"Honey you can talk to august after dinner" my mom says saving us from this awkward conversation this is why I lover her. I grab Augusts arm and walk him over to the dinner table.

"August hello!" She says giving him a suffocating hug. She's a big hugger and dosent belive in personal space.

"Mrs.Moore it's good to finally meet you" he says patting her back awkwardly. Causing me to giggle a bit. And that's when I see her. I run to noora grabbing her out of her high chair snuggling her.

"August this is noora the last Moore" I give my mom a look and she laughs knowingly. I hold her out to him and he reluctantly grabs her holding her by her legs. I laugh and move over to help him.

"Noo like this" I reposition her so she's lying on his arm and his other hand is supporting her head.

"She looks a lot like you" he looks over to me smiling wiggling the hand she's got her bear grip on.

"Okay that's enough of that" I say as she starts to slobber a bit too much I give august an apologetic look and he waves it off.  I grab her and put her back in the high chair after prying her from Augusts hands she must really like him.

"August do your parents know your here?" He looks at my mother looking a bit uncomfortable like he dosent want to talk about it but answers anyways.

"There actually out of town right now" he shrugs answering my moms question. "But yeah i did text them." I didn't know that august was alone at home in that big ol house. My mom nods at him with a smile.

"Well Dinner won't be ready for a few more minutes. Bug why don't you give august a tour?" August looks at me with a teasing grin on his face. There's no way she just called me that in front of him. I push him upstairs before he can ask my mom about the embarrassing nickname. Once we reach my room i realize that Augusts grin has not gone away.

"Bug?" He asks. He's definitely not gonna let this go.

"Shut the fuck up."

"Language!"Destiney says her head popping up from the top bunk scaring both me and august.

"Why are you hiding up there" I ask destiney in annoyance.

"Her nickname is big because she has big eyes" destiney says to august totally ignoring me. August gives me a once over and grins again.