Chapter 2

august

"diere" she says quickly and jets out the classroom not been bothering to ask me for my name. i run after her for some reason. i don't know what but there's something about this girl that makes me wanna know more.

"hey wait" i yell after her and she turns around and looks at me quicky turning around and running when she realizes I'm calling after her. i groan and contunine running after her till she stops at her locker i walk up to her and she meets my gaze and rolls her eyes.

"are you stalking me or something" her tone annoyed which i respond to with a smile

"you didn't ask for my name you know" i say sacarsticly trying to break her cold expression but it doesn't work because she just rolls her eyes again.

"because i don't care" she slams her locker shut and walks away from me and i follow her again wanting to get a reaction out of her.

"whats your next class" i say ignoring the fact that shes trying to avoid me.

"none of your business"

"whats your problem with me?" she turns around and cocks her eyebrow at me which kind of scares me. her dark brown eyes cold and empty causing me to shiver

"i don't have a problem whats your problem" i think shes actually getting mad so i decide to tone down my sarcastic joking. as i open my mouth to the bell rings and she sighs loudly "great now I'm late. you happy now"

"not yet, anyways its the first day no teacher is actually gonna care if your late" she pulls our her schedule and looks around ignoring my entire excixence and i take the paper from her and look at it she has english on the other side of the school. "your going the wrong way"

"gimme that back"she says as she snatches it back from me" of course i knew that in was just looking around not that its any of your business." she snaps at me which makes me laugh

"come on if you wanna make it to class before it ends" as I'm walking down the hallway i turn around to see her warily following behind me "so are you new or something i don't think I've seen you around before before" i think back because i would definitely remember seeing her around school.

"sort of i did online last year" she says as she looks around awkwardly walking faster trying to catch up to me. i slow down a little bit to help her

"really? why if you don't mind me asking." i look over to her after she takes a while to answer wondering if i made ger uncomfortable by asking that.

"my mom was pregnant so online school was the best option for me last year" she shrugs "why are you walking me to class wont you be extra late?"

"because I'm a nice person believe it or not" she laughs and i can see her dimples which i didn't know she had before but fir her face perfectly. she hasn't even smiled in my presence but I'm glad i was able to break through her whole ice queen front she was putting up at least for a second "whats funny?I'm serious!"

"your such a fucking liar you think i forgot about your parking spot theft you did earlier?!"she smiles making her dimples even more visible

"hey i didn't steal anything you just weren't fast enough that's on you" she bits her lower lip trying to hold  back her smile and when i see that shes failed she shoves my arm.

"you're and idiot"she says when we arrive at the door to her class she turns to me."thanks for walking me now go to class already"

"yes ma'am" i relpy which causes her to roll her eyes dor the 4th time since the beginning of our conversation.

I decide to just skip class altogether since it would be almost over by the time i made it back to the other side of the building. i head to my secret spot near the closed off stairwell. i open my backpack and pull out my headphones and prop my backpack against the wall laying down using it as pillow i put on my headphones and blast music until i hear the bell ringing. i grab my stuff and head to the cafeteria for lunch meeting my friends gene and ezrian in our sam lunch tables we've been sitting in since 9th grade. as i reach the table i notice diere sitting at a table with a dark skinned girl with long ass braids and lucas who ive hung out with before she notices me but quickly looks a away ingaging in a conversation with the two.

"watcha looking at?" ezrian questions his bushy eyebrows connecting in confusion following my eyesight over to the table

"nothing dumbass" i turn his head to face away from were diere is sitting and chow down on my lunch which is a kabob lunchable which i know seems childish for a junior but i couldn't give less of a fuck. gene grabs one of the pretzel sticks from my lunchable and i slap his hand away.

"who pissed in your ceral" gene teases laughing along with ezrian "bro whats with you"he asks more seriously this time. but I'm not paying attention because I'm looking over at diere.

"why is she not eating anything" i say mistakenly outloud

"who are you talking about" gene says looking over in the direction I'm looking at "ohhh you mean not so new girl what is she like your girlfriend or something?" ezrian laughs and i throw a pretzel at him "hey!"

"shut up its not like that and your not funny"i shove my fruit roll up into my pocket and grab my trash to throw it away catching diere gaze but she looks away again. whats with that girl. after lunch i head to my AP english class when i see diere talking with her friend from lunch. she doesn't speak to me all throught class which i guess i cant be mad about i just talked to her once its not like were  friends or anything i guess. this is why i rarely talk to people relationships are too complicated. when class is finally over i head outside accidently running in to someone while fishing for my keys.

"oh fuck sorry-" i look down and its the same curly head dimple girl that i cant seem to figure out."oh its you" i say coldly avoiding her eyes which are so dark and brown that they there basically black but still strangely beautiful.

"yeah its me" she says awkwardly bouncing back and forth on the heels of her shoes "sorry uhh..." she says trying to remember my name she never asked for.

"august" i say annoyed that shed forgotten our whole interaction. i guess she just isn't interested in anything or anyone

"i knew that"she looks up at me smiling uncomfortably

"no you didn't "

"no i didn't" she says in response"well this was fun but i gotta go" she speed walks in the direction of a white(well was white at one point) mini van

"hey wait! "i say running after her for the second time today as if once wasn't embarrassing enough. but she doesn't ignore me this time she turns around and waits for me to catch up to her. "I've actually gotta go so make it quick" she says with her arms crossed looking fed up.

"oh i just wanted to give you this" i pull out the fruit roll up from my pocket from earlier and hand it to her but she doesn't grab it right away.

"why?" she says as if no one has ever gave anything to her in her life

"i don't know because i didn't see you eat anything for lunch and i know it isn't much but i thought you might've been hungry so yeah i don't know is this weird?" i ramble and have to pinch myself to make me stop talking like a dimwit. she looks at me questioningly trying to wonder if im being serious or not after an awkward 30 seconds of holding out my hand she finally grabs it.

"i don't have any money on me but ill pay you back tomorrow" she says throwing her bag in the passenger seat of her car.

"what? don't be an idiot you don't have to pay me back its just a fruit roll up" she looks confused at this but doesn't ask anymore questions. she says a quick thanks and jumps in her car driving off before i even have a chance to react.

what is up with this girl