Chapter 21

August
It's been five days since I've been alone with diere. And I don't know if I'm just being clingy but every since we've been together we never went this long without talking. She's always busy with work or studying or a combination of both. I hate when she works herself so hard like this it reminds me of when we first met and she was always so stressed out about everything. I'm supposed to be mad at her right now but I can't resist her. She's wearing my shirt that she stole from me and she just looks so good in it. I lay my head on her shoulder as she studies placing a kiss on her cheek.

"August I'm trying to work" she says placing her pen down to face me. She's always too busy to hang out these days I mean I get it but how much studying does she actually need to do. She's been ignoring my text and calls and we only see each other In this class and lunch. I rarely ever get her to myself these days. I take my head off my shoulder and turn away from her placing my head on the desk.

"Your always working" I mumble annoyed. I feel like I'm being clingy but I can't help it diere is my only escape from being home with my dad all the time.

"August don't be like that I know I've been busy but this is important and I don't have time-"

"For me." I finish her sentence and she gives me a guilty look and places her arm on my back.

"It's not like that and you know it" it seems like it is like that.

"Then what is it like? I get that you need to study or whatever I know how important this is too you but you can't text me back every once in a while you've been avoiding me all week." I say raising my voice slightly causing everyone  to turn there attention too us until the teacher tells us to keep it down and focus on our work.

"Let's talk about this later ok?" She says standing up giving me a kiss on the cheek and walking off to her next class leaving me behind.
I really don't want to fight with her but she's really all I've come to know. My whole world revolves around her because she's really the only person who gets me. After every class I expect her to come up to me so we can talk but she never does.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrows is my birthday and diere has already given me my gift because she said she won't be able to hang out any time this week. Im really tempted to open it but I respect her wishes even though we haven't talked all week. Im going to see her today at my birthday party gene is throwing me. We're wearing matching costumes with Lucas and angel. We're going as the teen titans im robin ,diere is starfire , Lucas is beast boy and angel is raven. Usually I would think these things are kind of stupid but im weirdly excited that we're doing this together. The costumes are kind of lame but at least I won't be alone. I grab my keys off the table heading downstairs to see the present on the table and a card. I walk over to pick it up

Happy birthday august, sorry we couldn't be there- mom and dad

They left a few days ago for another buisness trip. I throw the card away in the trash hoping the gift at least redeems the fact they aren't here. And it dosent but I'm not suprised. At least there's money I guess. I stuff the money in my pocket and call diere. Hopefully this time she picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey are you ready?"

"Hmm ready for what?"

"The party?" There's no way she forgot she's the one who wanted me to go this whole thing was her idea.

"Ohhh yeah uhm I'll meet you there okay"