Chapter 29

August

I know she did" diere says her demeanor changing completely. I hope she isn't too mad. I'm sure her mom was just looking out for her

"What are you talking about" I ask.

"She's worried I'm gonna ruin my chances of getting into a good school because I'm always with you" she explains standing up and pacing around.

"Oh right that makes sense why she said what she said now" I understand what she meant now when she was talking about dieres future.

"Ahem excuse me I'm still sitting here." Ray interrupts waving his hand in front of us.

"Shut up Ray" me and diere say at the same time.

"I can't believe her she's always worried that I stay home all the time but when I get a boyfriend she tells me that I spend too much time with him and need to focus on school more" I understand where Athena is coming from she's just worried about diere.

"She's just worried about you" I try to explain to her but her eyebrows just furrow deeper

"Do not stick up for her august. She does not get to lecture my boyfriend just because shes worried about me ending up like her" she spits out and this has blown way out of proportion. Why can't I just keep my mouth shut.

"You know what it might be better if I leave actually" i don't want to get in between diere and her mom. I envy there relationship sometimes.

"Yes finally! Let's go" Ray says standing up out of his chair and heading towards the door. I get up to follow him.

"No, you can't let her win" diere says pushing me back down on the chair.

"Diere don't turn this into a competition" I plead. She has a bad habit of turning everything into a competition.

"I'm not. Why do you want to leave" she says flipping this on me. It's not that I want to leave I just don't know if I need to stay. I was being dramatic running away from ray's apartment and didn't think of the consequences of staying here.

"It's not that I want to but I don't want to get between you and your mom" I explain grabbing her hand and holding it in mine.

"Fine whatever leave then" she says letting go and storming upstairs.

"Don't do this diere talk to me" I say before she reaches the top of the stairs.

"Let's not talk about this. Isn't that what you said earlier" not this again why does she keep pushing this.

"I don't want to fight with you" I say simply avoiding the conversation she keeps bringing up.

"just leave then" she responds. Her tone getting colder. I don't want her to be mad at me again.

"Okay, I'm going to leave because I can see that you're angry right now." She scoffs and walks up the stairs and into her room slamming the door behind her.

"Wow what the smooth talker" Ray jokes. He can never read the room.

"Choke on a dick" I flip Ray off and continue up the stairs. When I reach dieres door she's already standing at the door desk holding a backpack full of my stuff.

"here's your stuff" she says pushing the bag towards me .I accept it and sling it over my shoulder. Then give diere a peck on the cheek.

"thanks. Alright baby, I'm leaving now." I wave but she just ignores me laying down and flipping through videos on her tv. "I love you"

"ok bye" she says not looking in my direction. Is she really that mad?

"Your not gonna say you love me too?" I ask leaning on the door frame waiting for her to say it back.

"Don't you have to leave" she says coldly facing her body away from me.

"Cmon don't be like this" I walk closer to her standing near the edge of the bed.She doesn't even flinch she just continues to scroll through movies avoiding my gaze. I hook my finger under her chin turning her face towards me "I love you"

"I love you too now go away" she shivers annoyed that I got her to break out of her mood even for a second.

"Now you want me to leave" I ask raising a brow. She shakes her head no and I can't help but laugh. "Gimme a kiss" I say puckering my lips out like a fish. she cracks a smile placing her hands on either side of my face and connecting our lips. I wrap my arm around her back pulling away from the kiss and into a hug. When she pulls away her hands go back to my face and to my cheek where there's a faded purple mark.

"Are you gonna be okay?" So this is why she was so mad about me leaving. She's worried. I don't know exactly what she's worried about but I want to reassure her anyways.

"I'll be fine I promise." I respond pulling her closer to me.

"If anything happens promise to call me ok" she says holding out her pinky. I lock my pinky with hers and we do our promise ritual kissing our thumbs to lock in the promise.

"Im coming back tomorrow don't worry you couldn't get rid of me if you tried." She smiles sighing deeply before nodding her head ok.

"Okay good" she walks me downstairs and to the door. Ray having a smug smile on his face.

"Tell Rowan I'm sorry I had to leave." I ask feeling guilty about having to leaving after promising her I wouldn't.

"Okay I will." She says pulling me into her for another kiss. Ray mumbling something and then walking off as I lean her against the door deepening the kiss.

"I'm gonna take you out tomorrow okay?" I say pulling away from her smile grows wider.

"Okay see you then" I wave goodbye then hop into my car. A huge grin on my face as I pull out the drive way. I tail behind Ray following him back to what I thought was the apartment but he makes a wrong turn. I text him to see where he's going thinking maybe he just had to get gas or something but he pulls into a neighborhood driving into a culdesac. Where there's a nice two story house. He parks his car in the driveway and I do the same. Hopping out the front seat to ask him what's going on.

"Why are we stopping here? Don't tell me this is like your new girlfriend's house or something" Ray has always been the serial dater type.

"Nope this is my new house I thought it was time to ditch that old high rise and get something more domestic." He holds up the keys to what I'm guessing go to the house. "And I guesss you can stay here to" I grab him pulling him into a hug. In his own way he did this for me. But it also makes me think he knows I'm not going home anytime soon.

"Thank you" I say as he tries to pull me off of him. Affection has never been his thing.

"Yeah yeah don't get all sappy on me" he ruffles my hair. "Want a tour?"