Chapter 11

August

"You never said anything about being your date" she argues and looks away from me.

"You owe me remember" I tease knowing she hates being in debt to someone. She rolls her eyes.

"Fine let's try this place" it's a fancy shop with tons of dresses and stuff and suddenly I feel out of place.

"Uhm I can wait outside" I say awkwardly walking toward the exit before she grabs my arm.

"No way you have to help me pick" I groan in anguish but agree. As we're walking through the long rows of dresses she throws a few options on me forcing me to hold them.

"What color dress do you think I should wear?" She asks nervously and I start to tell guilty for inviting her if she's uncomfortable.

"I'm sure you'd look pretty in anything you pick" she uses the dress she's holding to cover her face.

"Shut up. What color are you wearing should we match?" I wonder why she's freaking out so much about this.

"Sure I'm just wearing black and white" a grimace appears on her face making me think that my decision was wrong.

"That's boring" she snorts making fun of me and I throw a dress at her scoffing in response she starts punching my arm playfully.

"Can I help you too with anything" a employee come up to us and we stop fighting. I wrap my arm around diere pulling her close to me.

"I'm looking for a dress for my girlfriend here"I point towards diere her rolling her eyes at my statement . The employee nods and leads diere toward another part of the store while I sit down near the changing room and when she finally comes back she has at least 7 dresses in her arms and I realize how long this is actually gonna take.

"Okay I'm gonna try them on now I'll let you know when I'm done." She says skipping to the changing rooms and she seems like she's really enjoying this so I try my best to not show how tired I am.

"I might need your help zipping them!" She yells from inside the dressing room as she steps out signaling me too come over. I walk up to her and she turns around moving her curly hair out the way so I can zip up her dress. I raise my hands up to the zipper trying to ignore her bare back in front of me. Her skin looks so smooth and velvety and the red dress definitely makes it stand out. Once I finish zipping it up I step back so she can look at herself in the mirror. The dress is mid length ending at the middle of her thigh and is tight fitting showing off the curves of her body. She turns to me waiting to hear my response.

"What do you think too revealing I think?" She looks absolutely stunning to me but i reply with a shrug.

"I think it looks nice" she twist and turns examining the dress not realizing my eyes on her.

"I think the other one is better gimme a sec" she turns her back towards me again and I unzip the dress for her and she walks back into the dressing room and all I can hear is unzipping and shuffling. Before she come back out with a floor length sage green dress. This one is long sleeve with a lower cut that ends near the sleeves of her dress and if I thought she looked good in the other dress she looks majestical in this one. I zip it up before she goes to the mirror to examine herself again and I come up behind her and place my hands on her shoulder looking  at through the mirror.

"You look beautiful Diere" she smiles up at me locking eyes in the mirror.

"Why thank you kind sir" she says in a old Shakespearean accent curtsying making me laugh and she laughs along with me breaking character.

"This is the one for sure" I nod my head agreeing. I unzip the dress again and she goes in to pack it up and she also hangs up all the clothes on the floor and the dresses she picked out and hangs them up in the dressing room.
Being selfless and thoughtful as always. As we walk to the counter to buy the dress I see a necklace that would go perfect with her dress it's a dainty one with jade stone surrounded in a silver design. I discreetly grab it making sure Diere dosent See me i want it to be a surprise for her so I tell her to wait by the door as I pay she was reluctant but eventually went I put the necklace in my pocket handing her the bag once u finish paying.