CHAPTER 38

Diere

"Guys come help Ray is messing everything up!" Rose yells from the kitchen. I remove my mouth from Augusts and he looks at me disappointed I can't help but laugh as I get off of him. I grab his hand dragging him to the kitchen where Ray and rose are covered in flour.

"What happened?" I ask laughing at the two. They look like ghosts. Rose has flour all in her hair and on her clothes and Ray looks the same.

"He started it" rose says pointing at Ray. This is so cute I never would've thought Ray would be like this with a girlfriend. Right as rays about to argue the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it" I say I already know it's angel before I open the door. I can't believe her and Lucas are still fighting. When I open the door I grab her into a hug. She sighs and hugs me back I move to the side to let her in. I lead her to the couch sitting her down.

"Hey Angel" august says giving her a hug as well Angel doesn't say anything but she hugs him back. He sits down next to us.

"What happened ang?"

"We were fighting about college again. I feel like he dosent even care about our future. I mean he bombed his SAT's cause he was so high and then he brought my dad into it" she says streams of tears running down her face. I sit next to her pulling her into another hug. I didn't think that college would take such a toll in their relationship. August and I haven't even talked about college but now I feel like we should.

"You know what we need to take your mind off of all that you wanna help us cook?" I ask and she seems intrigued by the idea. She wipes the tears from her face standing up.

"What are we making" Angel says standing up and walking to the kitchen to see rose and Ray heading out the door.

"We're leaving don't burn the house down!" Ray says. They were supposed to be helping us but I don't bring it up because I'm hoping that he's staking her on a date or something.

"What's on your mind?" August asks me. We've been standing folding the pot stickers by ourselves because Angel went upstairs to take a nap. I didn't even notice I was zoning out while he was talking. I can't help it ever since angel said the conversation of college is making her and Lucas argue i just think me and august delaying the inevitable. It seems too naive to just ignore this topic when it's so important.

"Nothing" I say I don't wanna ruin the mood I mean it's our anniversary and I've already ruined today. I don't wanna make it worse.

"I know when you're lying to me. Tell me what's wrong baby." He says walking over to me and putting his palm on my cheek. I lean into his touch sighing. As much as I want to avoid this topic it would be stupid not to talk about it.

"I don't know it's just- do you think we should talk about college? I haven't really been thinking about it but I feel like it's important" he takes a step back and I almost think he's going to walk away but instead he nods.

"Oh okay let's talk about it then" he says and places me on the counter as he stands in front of me.

"Okay where were you thinking?" I ask.

"I haven't since I moved out." He responds scratching the back of his head. I mean it makes sense august always told me that his dad was forcing him to go to law school and his dad is not in his life anymore.

"Why not?" I still ask even though I know the reason.

"Well my dad was going to pay for my college fund but you know and I'm not smart enough to get a scholarship like you would be able too." He says and it kind of breaks my heart that he dosent think he's good enough to go to college.