Chapter 3

diere

As i drive to pick my siblings up i think about augusts and why he could possibly be talking to me and what he could possibly want not like i have much to give. maybe he just doesn't have anyone to talk too so he's just i don't know anyways i don't have time to think about him. I pick up my siblings and quickly get ready for work. I throw on my uniform and change my shoes to some clogs. i run out the house saying goodbye to my parents and siblings. Once i get to the diner i clock in and put on my apron grab my notebook and pen and get to working i end up working until 11:36 ish because i picked up some extra shifts. college isn't gonna pay for itself. on the way home i play my music and role my windows down feeling like a main character and by time i get to my house its midnight and i decide to stay up and clean up because the house was a mess there was dishes still in the sink and the dining table was a mess by the time I'm actually in bed its 2:00 and i have to wake up in 3 hours for school. i try my best to milk as much sleep i can out of those three hours but i feel as though i just fell asleep when I'm woken up by my annoying ass alarm clock. and the routine starts all over again but this time with a liter of coffee and annoyingly visible eye bags that will not go away even after concealer so i give up and my dad drives us to school today so i sit in the front blasting my music when my dad taps on my shoulder.
"i heard you come in really late last night and your mom told me you cleaned the house you know you didn't have to do that bug" bug my annoyingly embarrassing I've been stuck with since i was born because i have huge eyes.

"i know but its fine dad don't worry" he looks at me with a tired smile looks like he worked all day again. i hate when he does that he's getting to old and he knows i can help out if we need some extra cash.

"i don't want you being out that late its dangerous"i roll my eyes because he knows very well that i can take care of myself but still worries about me.

"dad don't worry i took those self defense classes and i carry my lipstick taser around with me everywhere" he laughs because he's the one who bought it for me. as we pull l up to the school i kiss my dad on the cheek goodbye "have fun at school bug!" so embarrassing...

when i get to my first period i see august on his phone not noticing that i walked in not that i expect him to care or anything and even though i got here early enough to switch seats i sit next to him anyways. i don't wanna be rude and steal someones seat at least that's what i tell  myself. i sit down and take my notebook out. he looks at me but doesn't say anything i see glimpse of worry on his face or maybe im imagining it . i rest my head on my hand because it feels to heavy on my head trying not to fall asleep.

"whats wrong with you did you not go to sleep last night?" he says looking over at me like i have spinach stuck in my teeth or something.

"does it look like i got sleep" i say grogily annoyed that he would ask me such a dumb question. i try to focus on my notebook but my eyes keep closing shut. august groans in agony and snatches my notebook from me

"what are you doing give it back" i say but i don't reach for it. it's too early in the morning for this.

"go to sleep" he starts writing down in my notebook and i look over to see he's taking the notes from the board. he doesn't even take notes for himself.

"you don't have to do that" i protest not wanting to be in debt to him anymore. i wouldn't be surprise if he's doing all of this to use this over me.

"stop making it a big deal and go to sleep" i don't have the energy to argue anymore so i just listen to him. I wake up to a poke to the shoulder. i get up and look around seeing that everyone is getting up to leave.

"hey class is over" august says packing up his stuff and handing me my notebook. i yawn loudly and accept the notebook.

"thanks" i look over and he's walking away before i can even finish. "hey!" i run after him i guess the tables have turned but i feel like i owe him something and i hate owing people anything.