Chapter 5

August
10 minutes after I walked diere to her car I get a text on my phone from I look over at the name and it's diere

Diere📖: im home dickwad

August:good

August: and I thought we were friends now so you should give me a new nickname

Diere: you haven't earned a new nickname yet

Diere: and I don't remember saying we were friends

August:I'm pretty sure it was somewhere between me figuring out your life story and trauma and our shared taste in music if I remeber correctly

August:but I'll stop bothering you about it

August: don't wanna keep you up we both know you can't survive a day at school without your beauty sleep

Diere📖 thumbs downed your message

Diere: 😑

August:goodnightttttt

Diere📖 read your message

I groan and turn my phone off. She's definitely not responding to my message. I walk downstairs and grab a snack my mom stopping me on my way back upstairs.

"Did you guys finish your project honey?" My mom says in the voice she makes when she's about to tell me something I don't wanna hear.

"No diere is probably gonna be over a few more time before we can finish it." I head to walk up the stairs but she clears her through trying to get my attention again.

"You dads stuck in Toronto and he wants me to meet him down there for a buisness dinner so you'll have the house to yourself for a few days" I'm not even suprised he always drags my mom everywhere like she's his property or something wether it's a dinner party or social gathering he only brings her so he'll look good in front of everyone there. Some arm candy to make him seem like some great catch or a big family guy but it's all just a facade he dosent care about us at all.

"Ok"with that I run upstairs and slam my door. She's so ridiculous for staying with him but what's the point in telling her I know she only stays because she's convinced hes working to give us this life but what if I don't wanna live like this. I decide it's not worth dwelling over and just go to sleep.

"AUGGIE WAKE UP HUN" my mom tells on the other side of the door I grab my pillow and cover my head with it hoping it would drain out the noise at least that's what they do in the movies. I don't know why im suprised when it dosent work.

"IM UP" I decide to tell back since she's still banging on the door.I roll of my bed dramatically falling to the floor with a thud. Why'd I do that? I don't know it seemed easier than physically standing up. Can you tell I'm not a morning person?

"AUGS THE CAR IS HERE IM LEAVING NOW I LEFT BREAKFAST ON THE TABLE" finally getting up I walk to the door. I open it seeing my mom on the other side looking overwhelmed. I give her a hug to hopefully help her calm down. I kiss the side of her cheek and walk her down to the car.

"Have a safe trip mom" she smiles up at me handing me her spare credit card(well my dads) .

"This should cover food and anything else you need. Don't get too crazy" I don't know who she'd think j get crazy with I'm not a party person and I only have two friends but I don't correct her I just smile back.

"I won't love you mom bye" I close her door and she rolls down her window.

"Love you auggs" she blows me a kiss and then rolls up her window as the car drives away. As I walk back to the house I text diere again to see if we can work on the project again today but also since she didn't text me back the night before.