Chapter 19

August

She pulls the burnt chicken out of the hot oil laughing.

"Look what you did" she says holding the chicken in front of my face.

"How was that my fault?" I ask she's the one who kissed me first. She rolls her eyes placing the burnt ish chicken on a plate and putting more in.

"You distracted me so you get the burnt ones." Diere says pointing at the plate grinning.

"Your the one who was being distracting" I say standing closer to her enclosing her between my arms. she looks up at me through her lashes. her big eyes capturing the light so they look like there sparkling. And I can't help myself. I connect our lips again and she hums affectionately wasting no time sliding her tongue into my mouth while she massages my hair.I let out a low groan and I can feel her smile into the kiss. It's the best feeling ever. I travel my hands to her ass squeezing it gently and she makes another noise. I move from her mouth kissing down to the nape of her neck slightly sucking and I look up to see diere biting her lower lip and tilting her head to the side to give me better access.

"Mmm. august no the chickens gonna burn." She says trying to catch her breath. I chuckle stopping what I'm doing to look at my work. She has a slight reddish-purple spot between her neck and shoulder. When she sees my smirk she can tell something is up.

"August did you give me a hickey?!" She ask turning the fire off the stove and speed walking to the mirror in the living room attentively looking at her neck. Once I reach her she pushes me away.

"No you stay over there mister" I laugh at her tone she sounds like a mother. I throw my hands up in surrender.

"I think it looks good" I say and she glares at me through the mirror. I couldn't help it I got caught up in the moment and her little noises she was making wasn't helping me think straight either. I walk up behind her rapping my arms around her waist looking at her in the mirror.

"Your so pretty" I say and she groans annoyed trying not to crack a smile. She sighs deeply and turns toward me giving me a look I can't read.

"What?" I laugh.

"Your impossible" she says walking over to the kitchen to plate the food. I go over to help her stealing glances at her every once in a while. I turn to my phone and put on music and one of dieres favorite songs "I think" by Tyler the creator comes on she looks as me and smile uses the spoon she used to scoop the food as a microphone.

"I think I'm falling in love...this time I think it's for real" she sings dancing to the music and I can't help but smile.

"Your always in my mind, maybe so" she turns and points to me singing to me and I laugh. "Wasted boy I need your attention" she wraps her arm around my neck.

"I think I'm falling in love This time I think it's for real" she sings staring me dead in the eye and I'm wondering if she's just singing still. When the song is over she smiles awkwardly releasing her arm from around my neck returning to the plates of food.

"You have a nice voice" I say breaking the awkward silence.

"You think so?" She says placing a hand on her hip calling her siblings down to eat. She's so motherly in the best way possible.

"Yeah I do."

"You do what?" Mac asks as the kids finally come downstairs with noora in handing her to me. I've gotten quite good with her. I mean at least I know how to hold her now I look at diere then him waiting for my response.

"You guys think your sister has a nice voice right?" They look at me confused.

"Like singing voice" I clarify and they all nod agreeing.