Three. Halloween

CHAPTER THREE –  Halloween

|

✎

"Mom?" Elena asked from the dinner table.

"Yeah?" Vienna hummed turning to face her daughter.

"Can you take me trick or treating with my friend Christopher this year?" She asked her, Vienna nodded turning back to the coffee machine.

"Of course, Honey" pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"That means you have to wear a costume too"

"Damn it" Vienna mumbled under her breath. "Yeah, I will"

"Yay! Thanks mom" Elena exclaimed and hugged her mother. "I'm gonna go get my school bag!"

"Okay, honey" Elena quickly ran into her room. Gabriella glanced over to her sister. "What?"

"You didn't get me a halloween costume" Gabriella mumbled furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"I didn't know you wanted to go trick or treating" Vienna replied sitting at the table.

"I don't. I wanna go to my friend's halloween party" She pointed out, Vienna chuckled.

"Gabby, how was I supposed to know that? I'm not a mindreader" Gabriella rolled her eyes out of annoyance.

"Are you gonna get me one or not?"

"Yes, I will. I can't promise it will be good though" She teased. Gabriella scoffed, she stood up and walked back to her bedroom. Vienna sighed.

"Hurry up, your bus will be here in 2 minutes!"

"Whatever!"

...

Cheers and applause filled the room as Tim Bradford walked into the room. He walked over to his seat and noticed the balloon Angela and Vienna put on his seat. He pulled out a pin from his pocket and popped the balloon in front of them.

"All right, all right, all right. Settle down. Settle down" Sergeant Grey told the officers. "Let's get to it. You ready, Officer Nolan? Once again, we start with you"

"I'm flattered?" Officer Nolan asked confused.

"Don't be. Yesterday, a four-man crew disguised as zombies knocked over a cash advance near Pico and Robertson. So, Officers Bishop and Nolan were able to apprehend two of the criminals, while the other two escaped" Grey explained. "Somehow, Officer Nolan managed to let a civilian steal 10 grand in already stolen cash. Luckily, CCTV captured our thief. Still waiting on an I.D."

"Uh, he plays guitar, if that helps" Nolan told everyone.

"Absolutely. 'Cause they always list special talents on your rap sheet" Grey shot back, making a couple of the officers laugh, a knock on the door catching everyone's attention. "Captain. How can we help you?"