Thirty Four. 2020

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR – 2020

|

✎

Eddie jinxed it.

Covid 19 hit. The whole world was sent into a lockdown. The rookie's training was put on hold and new regulations were brought in.

Elena and Christopher stayed at Eddie's Tia and Nova stayed with Tim and Kojo and during the lockdown Eddie and Vienna stayed at Buck's apartment (Which was totally awkward for a while) until they could return to there normal home, which they did.

"Do you have to go to work today?" The guff voice of Eddie asked Vienna as she hit her hand onto the alarm turning it off.

"Yes, I do" She replied, rubbing her eyes. Eddie sighed, wrapping his arm around her waist. A smirked grew on her face. "Maybe I can be a little late" as a grin grew on Eddie's face.

Vienna was about to take her shirt off when Nova started to bark. Eddie sighed mumbling a 'damn it' under his breath.

She chuckled slightly before getting out of bed, "I've gotta get ready. It's the rookies first day back" She told him giving him a quick kiss on the lips before leaving the room.

...

Vienna got out her car slamming the car door behind her before putting her mask on with the LAPD logo stitched into it. She hated the masks. Try chasing a guy for two blocks in the LA heat with a piece of fabric over your face (Not fun).

After getting changed into to her uniform and walked back outside since roll call had been moved outside today.

"Why is Roll Call in the parking lot?" Vienna asked Tim.

"It's on departmental email" Tim answered as the two walked towards the parking lot.

"You actually read though's?" She asked in disbelief. "And you think I do?" 

"Chen does" He replied, she nodded that make more sense. "Turns out that room needs some serious earthquake retrofitting"

"And we've just been sitting in it day after day?"

"Listen up. In the wake of recent events, several changes have been instituted department-wide. Officer Bradford, you want to read the top line change?" Grey asked him.

"Yes, sir. Any officer requesting a copy of a police report must get written approval by a sergeant, after use, all copies must be destroyed" Bradford said reading out the piece of paper Grey had handed out to all the officers. "Failure to do so will result in discipline"

"Officer Reyes?"

"Every recruit in the academy must now report all contact with active-duty officers, no matter how small" Reyes read out carrying on from where Tim left off.