Five. Psycho Ex

CHAPTER FIVE Psycho Ex

|

✎

"Should we be flattered that Sergeant Grey selected us to represent the department at this block party?" Nolan asked his fellow rookies.

"I think you're forgetting four key words- on our day off" Chen replied, Rossi nodded in agreement.

"Where'd Officer Reyes go?" He asked glancing around the block party looking for the officer that was supposed to be watching the rookies.

Summer turned around from the table and nodded over to the firetruck where Vienna was talking to Buck and a couple other firefighters from the 118. "She's probably flirting with Firefighter Buckley"

"Nice pins" Sergeant Grey said to West walking over to the table.

"Thank you, sir"

"This might be your only hope to lure those kids from LAFD" Sergeant Grey continued.

"All due respect, sir, they have a fire engine. To a 6-year-old, that's crack" Nolan pointed out, Grey sighed. "And also officer Reyes probably isn't helping" The Sergeant turned around to look at the truck to Officer Reyes talking to a group of firefighters.

"I don't know how you did it buckaroo, how did you get a girlfriend this pretty?" Chimney asked his coworker, Vienna chuckled.

"I know. What happened to Buck 2.0?" Hen questioned.

"It just happened guys. But it was a good thing" Buck told the firefighters, glancing down at Vienna, she nodded in agreement taking a sip of her bottle of water. "Are you sure that's water?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure" She nodded, Buck looked at her confused and she chuckled. "I'm kidding. It is"

"Officer Reyes!" Sergeant Grey called. She sighed.

"All right, gotta go do my job, bye guys" She said to the firefighters and walked over to her Sergeant.

"I like her" Hen said to Buck. "You picked a good one"

"Yeah, she's funny"

"Officer Reyes, can you explain why weren't watching the rookies?" Sergeant Grey asked her.

"I was, just, from afar" Vienna replied hiding the smirk on her face.

"Really?" She nodded "You weren't flirting with your firefighter boyfriend?" She shook her head. "Go give these to the kids" handing her a bag of pins.

"Yes, sir" and walked away.

"And stay away from the firefighters!"

...

"All right, settle down. Settle down. Listen. Everyone knows what today is..." Tim Bradford started at the front of the briefing room. "And I just want to say that Team Bradford is gonna dominate once again"