Thirteen. Virus

CHAPTER THIRTEEN - Virus

|

✎

"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT ME TO GO BACK TO WORK?" Vienna asked Buck grabbing her bag off the counter.

"Yes, V. It's been two weeks. You need to go back to work" Buck told her from the couch, she sighed. "Bobby's gonna be taking me to physical therapy and if you need anything I'll just call you"

Vienna nodded and sighed, "But-"

"No. No buts. You need to go" Buck said to her.

"Okay" She sighed grabbing her car keys. "Love you and if you need anything-"

"I'll call you, okay? Love you too" she walked over to Buck and gave him a quick kiss before leaving.

...

"80 might be the passing grade, Boot, but if you don't get at least a 90, you should turn in your badge in general principle" Officer Lopez told her rookie from her seat.

"Officer Chen, I will take it as a personal insult if you get anything less than a 93" Officer Bradford said to Chen.

"Yes, sir. Have you figured out what you're gonna do with all your new free time?" Chen asked him. "Might I suggest a book club?" Tim looked at her confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know, after I pass, there won't be any more daily elevations to write"

"Whether I evaluate you daily or weekly, I will continue to judge you every minute. Understood?" Tim questioned, she nodded.

"Yes, sir"

"Anything, you wanna say to her boot, Reyes?" Lopez asked, glancing over to Vienna who was on her phone. Tim rolled his eyes and grabbed Vienna's phone from her hands.

"Hey!"

"Stop checking on your firefighter boyfriend, he is fine. Stop worrying" Tim assured her, she sighed.

"Fine. Can I have my phone back now?" Vienna asked him.

"No. Now tell your rookie something encouraging" Bradford told her, she rolled her eyes and looked over to Summer.

"Fucking past please" She told her rookie, Rossi nodded hiding her grin.

"So, all right" Sergeant Grey said to the officers walking into the room. "Big day ahead. Rookies will work the first six hours of their shift on patrol, then come back to take the written test. Hey, try not to tire them out this morning. Just take the easy calls, okay?"

"I don't do easy" Tim chimed in, Grey turned around to look at him and walked towards him.

"But you do follow direct orders, am I right, Officer Bradford?" Grey asked him as Vienna had to hide her smirk.