Forty Three. New Rookie

CHAPTER FORTY THREE – New Rookie

|

✎

"HOW YOU FEELING?" Vienna asked innocently wandering into the kitchen as Eddie was making himself a coffee.

"V, for the third time today. I am fine" Eddie assured her. She sighed leaning against the counter. "The doctor told me not to do any heavy lifting"

"Well, that coffee's pretty heavy. You should be resting" Vienna shrugged her shoulder as Eddie chuckled slightly.

"I can lift my own coffee" He told her playfully as she chuckled slightly.

"Okay, but if you need anything-"

"I know, I know. I'll text you, understood" Eddie responded. She nodded her head.

"Come on kids. We're gonna be late!" Vienna called. She heard Elena and Christopher's footsteps running down the stairs.

"Hey, don't you get your new rookie today?" Eddie asked her.

"Yeah, I do. While Tim has to wait until next week" She replied with a grin on her face. Eddie chuckled slightly.

"We're ready!" Elena called from the front door.

"See you later" Vienna said to Eddie giving him a quick kiss before leaving the house.

...

"And we get to sit with the cool kids" Vienna heard Jackson say to Lucy and Summer as they walked into the room they walked over to the brunette sitting at one of the desks.

"Oh, hell no. Keep moving" Reyes told the three and they walked away as Vienna went back to her new rookie's file.

"You're dropping out?!" Nolan exclaimed catching the officer's attention.

"Officer Nolan, you better be taking a 911 overflow call from Dispatch" Sergeant Grey told him walking into the briefing room.

"Y-Y- uh, yes, sir. Sorry, sir" Nolan stammered out. Vienna rolled her eyes closing the file.

"Alright, settle down" Grey said moving his gaze from Nolan to all the other officers. "We got some new blood today. Stand up so everyone can see you" A young brunette man stood up from next to Nolan. "You earned the right to be in this room, but you have to prove yourselves to stay. The way we do things matters. Tradition and protocol are the metal from which every cop in this city is forged. That being said, it's my pleasure to welcome you to the FTO program. State your name and badge numbers"

"I'm Mitchell Campbell badge number 44309"

"You got top marks at the Academy. Good for you. None of that matters when you hit the street, so assume you know nothing, and you'll never be wrong. Got it?" Grey asked the young man.