Thirty Nine. Family Dinners

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE – Family Dinners

|

✎

VIENNA FELT THE FEELING OF DREAD as she reached the porch of her old family house.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Eddie asked her.

"Well we kind of have to, we can't turn around now" The brunette shot back before sighing "Sorry, being a bitch is my coping mechanism" Eddie chuckled slightly as Vienna hesitantly knocked on the front door.

Her breath hitched as the door opened. "Vienna!" Her mother greeted giving the brunette a hug.

What the fuck...Was the first thought that came to mind.

"Mama" Vienna greeted hiding the confusion in her tone.

"Come in, come in. Carlos is already here" Vienna put on a fake smile and stepped into the house. "You must be William"

"Uh, no, me and William broke up a while ago" Vienna replied with a sigh.

"Eddie. Short for Ed-" Eddie started to say.

"Edmundo"

Eddie nodded, "Yeah"

"Where's my first granddaughter?" Vienna's mom asked her, "I wanted to meet her"

"Uh, she's at Eddie's Tia" In fact, Vienna really didn't want Elena to meet her grandparents.

...

After a while of talking and eating dinner and meeting Carlos's boyfriend- Tk. Everything was going well. Vienna didn't feel as awkward but the feeling of dread that something bad was going to happen was still there.

"Vienna's nickname V actually came from Carlos" The Reyes mother said to the family with a chuckle.

"Do we really need to tell this story again?" Carlos asked.

"Yes Carlitos" His mother answered. Vienna sighed, shoving another piece of the dinner down her throat. She knew the story off by heart from the times her mother had told it "When Carlos was younger he could never say Vienna's probably, so he started V and then everyone else did!" TK and Eddie chuckled.

"Yeah and so did William" Vienna spoke up wincing at her ex's name.

"Oh, speaking of William. Gabriella mentioned something about William going to prison. What happened? He was so sweet" Vienna furrowed her brows confused.

"He was?" Eddie mumbled to himself.

"Yeah, he stabbed me- Wait, Gabriella?" The brunette questioned. "When did Gabriella have contact with you?"

"She came to visit us a couple of weeks ago" Her father chimed in with a shrug.

"Did you say stabbed?" Carlos asked his older sister.