Twenty Six. Dispatch

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX - Dispatch

|

THE CALLS FROM DISPATCH HAD BEEN WEIRD ALL DAY. But the final straw is when they were called to someone's apartment for a 'Deadly onion'.

"What even is a deadly onion?" Rossi groaned as the two walked towards the apartment door.

"I have no idea" Reyes sighed knocking on the door, "Maybe dispatch had a late night" She suggested with a shrug.

The door opened and Chimney was stood in front of the officers with his phone to his ear. "I think someone already did" Chimney said into his phone as the officers looked at him in confusion.

...

"I know, Sergeant. CAD's been glitching all morning..." Vienna said into her phone as Summer, Chimney and Buck- who was listening through Chimney's phone- listened to her phone call.

"What is she saying now?" Buck asked.

"She's making her case" Chimney whispered back.

"Mhm, I'll wait to hear from you"

"Now she's folding like a cheap suit" Chimney said quickly. Summer gave him a confused look not knowing what the hell he was on about.

"All right, let me talk to Vienna" Buck told them, Summer chuckled slightly. "What?"

"Oh, y-you're serious?" The raven hair asked him. Buck hummed out a yes nodding at the same time, the officer scoffed, "I don't she'll wanna talk to you"

"Grey needs to make some calls. As evidence goes, an 'I love you' is less than convincing" Reyes said to Chim putting her phone away.

"But they sent you guys down to my apartment for an assault with a deadly onion. That feels more convincing" He explained, Rossi nodded in agreement folding her arms over her chest.

"Well, he's gonna talk to Operations, see if they can get eyes in the building, see if anything's wrong" He nodded as Buck spoke up.

"No, no, no" The blonde started through the phone. "We can't just send in SWAT. if there is someone inside the call center doing something, they'll know we're onto them"

"Let's go for a drive" Reyes told Chim, he nodded, "Talk to you later, Buck" She added sarcastically.

"No, no-" But Chimney already hung up.

"You've wanted to do that for ages" Summer said to her T.O., Reyes nodded with a smirk.

...

"Oh, I've gotta be kidding me" Vienna mumbled watching Buck's car pull in front of her cop car. She switched on the sirens and Buck pulled over. "I got this" Summer nodded as Reyes got out the car.