Nine. Detective Parker

CHAPTER NINE - Detective Parker

|

✎

AFTER DROPPING BOTH KIDS OFF AT SCHOOL, Vienna sat down next to Buck on the couch "So, how's your sister and Chimney?" She asked him.

"Uh, they're good, it's actually Chimney's first day back today" Buck replied, she nodded.

"That's good"

"D-Don't you have work today?" Buck asked her, she looked at him confused. "It's Monday"

"Oh shit" She mumbled getting up off the couch "It's plain clothes day so I don't have to wear my uniform at least"

"W-what's plain clothes day?"

"I'll explain later, I'm gonna be late" She said quickly grabbing her keys and phone off the counter. "Bye" and she quickly rushed out the door.

...

The four T.O's watched as their rookies walked down the stairs while talking about the plains clothes day.

"They grow up so fast, don't they?" Angela asked as the rookies reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Please, they're just as green as they were yesterday" Talia replied, Vienna chuckled.

"What are you looking at, Boot? I'm not even here" Tim said to Lucy.

"Let's go get our gear" Jackson said to his fellow rookies ignoring the officers comments.

"My wash out number's three. What about you?" Lopez asked the others.

"Same. I bet Tim's is up in double digits by now" Vienna shrugged as they watched the rookies grab their gear.

"Damn straight, I've had 11 rookies bounced from the program during Plain Clothes Day. Looking to make it an even dozen today" Tim replied looking over to Lucy.

"Do not listen, they're just trying to psych us out" Summer told her fellow rookies.

"Already making a mistake" Talia cut in watching Nolan grab two gear bags.

"If we're not here, why get two kit bags?" Reyes asked him crossing her arms over her chest.

"Umm..." and went to put the other back but Jackson chimed in.

"We're supposed to have two bags, just in case they have to take action" He reminded, Tim nodded.

"First mistake avoided. So many left to make" Tim pointed out and walked away and so did the rest of the T.O's.

Vienna watched as her rookie put the gear bags in the back of the shop "What are you doing?" Summer asked her T.O. glancing over to see her putting something in an envelope.