Thirty Two. The Day From Hell

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO – The Day From Hell

|

✎

TOMORROW. Tomorrow was William Morgan's trial. She stared blankly at the lake watching Nova jump in and out of the water with a stick she'd found on they're walk.

The blonde heard a familiar set of footsteps walked over to her and sat next to her on the bench.

"I knew you'd be here" Eddie said to her moving her hair off of her shoulder.

She sighed putting her head in her hands, "I don't know if I can do it" She said quietly with a sigh. "I don't know if I can even look him in the eyes"

Eddie's gaze softened, rubbing his hand up and down Vienna's back. "You don't need to look him in the eye. All that matters is his ass is in jail. Which he will, he kidnapped and attempted to kill a cop"

She nodded trying not to tear up, "How's Athena?" She asked changing the subject.

"Yeah, she's fine" He nodded with a small smile. "So, Gabriella gave me an idea"

"Oh no" Vienna mumbled under her breath.

He chuckled slightly, "It's nothing bad. She just pointed out that me and Christopher basically spend all our time at yours. So maybe we should move in together?" He asked her.

"It's a good idea. But I need to think about it. I've-" She started.

"You don't need to explain, take your time" Eddie assured her. She smiled and nodded, "I've gotta go. I'm gonna be late for work" He gave Vienna a quick kiss on the lips before leaving for work.

She stood up grabbing the dog lead off the bench before calling the dog back over to her.

...

"You got to get Nolan" Armstrong groaned, pulling his oxygen mask off his face. "Did you arrest him? Is he in custody?"

"We shouldn't talk about this" Rossi replied quickly not giving him a straight answer.

Neither Rossi or Reyes believe Armstrong's story of 'Nolan attacked him'. There were parts missing in his story like why would Nolan leave and not kill him there and then?

"I know you're friends, but Nolan's a killer. You can't trust him. You hear me?" Armstrong asked Rossi, glancing up at her from the stretcher. "You hear me?!" raising his voice.

"Yes, sir. I hear you" Rossi replied.

The two officers followed the paramedics into the hospital they put Armstrong in, they moved him onto the bed, Commander West walked into the room followed by Officer West.

"Commander-" Armstrong started quickly.

"We don't have to talk now, but when we do, you have the right to have a union rep present" Commander West told him cutting him off