Ultrasound and Telling the Family

A/N

Not based on an episode, but the next chapter will be.

(September 13th 2009) Mira's POV

It's time for my sixteen week ultrasound appointment. Matt is meeting me at the hospital at 10. We'll then had lunch afterwards. Before I go home to tell Elena and Jeremy about the baby. Matt will tell Vicki also. By Monday, it'll be all over the school.

"You sure you don't want me to come?" Jenna asks me.

"I'll be fine, besides Matt will be there. Just make sure Elena and Jeremy are home at 12:30" I tell her. She nods her head. I left and drove to the hospital. I park in the guest car park and head to the front desk. "Hi, Mira Gilbert. I have an ultrasound at 10:15" I tell the person.

"Take the elevator, first floor. Go left" he tells me. As Mat appears.

"Ready?" I ask him. He nods his head. I lead the way to the elevator and we go in. I press the number one button. We arrive on the first floor and head down the left corridor. Until we reach other reception desk.

"Take a seat" the nurse tells us. We nod and do so. I notice several other expectant parents. One girl looked read to give birth, another looks very nervous, this must be her first appointment and the last pair had a toddler.

"This is weird" Matt mutters.

"It is a little, but if the baby is in the right position. We'll find out the gender" I tell him with a smile.

"Really?" he asks and I nod my head. "Thought of any girl names?" he asks me.

"Nope" I say sheepishly.

"We'll brainstorm if it is a girl over lunch" he tells me. I nod my head.

"Thanks for being here" I tell him.

"I'm the dad" he states. "So are you sure about telling our siblings?" he asks me.

"Yes, besides I won't be able to hide it much longer" I tell him gesturing to my baby bump. He nods his head in understanding. "Man, I am going to be labelled a sl*t" I groan.

"No, you won't" he tells me.

"I slept with my sister's ex-boyfriend and got pregnant" I tell him.

"We were drunk, don't let what anyone says get to you. We know the truth along with our family and friends. As long as we have them on our side, the rest of the school can go to hell" he tells me. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder.

"How did I get such an amazing friend?" I ask him.

"Just lucky I guess" he says with a smile.

"Mira Gilbert" a doctor calls. Matt and I get up, we head over. The doctor leads us to an exam room. I sit on the bed while Matt sits on a spare chair beside me. "So how have you been since your last visit?" she asks me.

"Had terrible morning sickness last night, otherwise I've been fine. I told Matt. Speaking of, Matt this is Dr Lang and Dr Lang this is Matt Donovan. The father of my baby" I say introducing the pair.

"Pleasure to meet you Matt, glad you could join us" Dr Lang says.

"Happy to be here" Matt states.

"Any cravings?" Dr Lang asks me.

"Hot chocolate" I tell her and she chuckles.

"Lets have a look at that baby of yours, shall we?" she asks me. I nod and lay back lifting my shirt to reveal my baby bump. She places the gel on my stomach and turns on the ultrasound machine. She moves the wand around and soon finds the baby. She presses a button and the baby's heartbeat fills the small room.