Historical Tea Party

Mira's POV

So I was sound asleep. It had been an amazing sleepover. No boy talk, no supernatural drama, just me and the girls like old times. But sooner or later, you have to return to reality. When it comes calling. This I wake to an actual phone ringing, Elena's. Caroline promptly pushes Elena out of bed.

"Go away" she complains. Elena grumbles and goes to answer her phone. Clearly still half asleep and not appreciating the wake up call either. I try to go back to sleep.

"Hello" she says. Caroline and Bonnie look over at Elena from Caroline's bed, both incredibly annoyed with being awaken. I toss a pillow at her.

"Shh" Bonnie says.

"Elena" Care adds. Elena drags herself out of Caroline's room and continues her conversation in the hallway. I lay back down using my arms as a pillow as I had thrown mine at Elena. When my phone rings and Bonnie pushes me out of bed. I curse and go grab my phone. I head to the bathroom to answer it.

"What?!" I snap.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Jeremy chuckles.

"I was having an amazing dream, before Elena's phone woke us up" I grumble.

"Well I just thought I'd call as you weren't back yet" he states. I look at the time and curse. It's nine thirty in the morning. I promised to be back at nine. "No drama, Grayson is feed and dress for the day. He is playing in his bouncer" he assures me. My phone bings and I see he'd sent me a photo of Grayson.

"Thanks Jeremy, I'll be home soon. Just need some coffee and I'll be there" I assure him.

"Take your time, you deserve a break" he tells me. Before hanging up. I wash my face and brush my hair. Before going to gather my things and head downstairs. To see Elena had already put the kettle on.

"So it was Stefan on the phone, he and I are going to go away for the weekend. To get away from John" she states.

"I was going to spend the weekend at Matt's to avoid John too" I tell her. We enjoy our coffees and go home. Grayson coos happily when he sees me and makes grabby hands. I smile taking him out of his bouncer. "Were you a good boy for Uncle Jeremy?" I ask and he gargles happily. I kiss his cheek.

Stefan arrives and waves before going upstairs to pack with Elena. Speaking of, I should pack my weekend bag also. I go to my room and pack a bag for myself. Then go to Grayson's room and start to pack his bag. "Bye Mira!" Elena calls as she heads downstairs with Stefan.

"Bye, drive safe!" I call back. My phone bings and it's from Caroline. Need to talk. Where are you? I am so not ready for that talk. No doubt she wants to talk about Tyler, as we didn't get to talk about him last night. Preparing to spend the weekend with Matt and Grayson, can we talk tomorrow? I sent and finish packing for Grayson. All good, see you then Care texted back.

I head downstairs and place the bags by the door. But don't leave yet as Matt is at work today. I'd probably leave around lunch time and make us dinner. I place Grayson back in his bouncer and make myself a bowl of cereal. Jenna soon appears.

"Morning" she says.

"Morning" I say back.

"You going to the tea party today?" she asks me. I look at her confused. "The Historical Society's Tea Party, at the Lockwoods" she states.

"I wasn't going to, but I may pop in as I have nothing else to do today" I state. "By the way, is it ok if I go to Matt's for the weekend?" I ask her.

"Of course you can" she tells me and I smile. We both get ready and go to the Lockwoods with Grayson. I have mine and Grayson's stuff in the car. We'd go straight to Matt's after the party. I carry Grayson as we enter the mansion. We're surprised to see Damon. "Damon, what are you doing here?" Jenna asks him.

Suddenly, Jenna's friend Andie walks up to us, notepad in hand. Damon looks over at her and smiles. "Hi, you came" Andie says smiling. Damon pecks Andie on the lips, saying 'hi'. Jenna looks at the two, surprised.

"Thanks for introducing us, Jenna" he tells her. Damon walks out of the room. Andie smiles at Jenna and stands next to us as they watch Damon walk away. I leave them to it and go to mingle.

"Mira!" someone calls and I see it's Carol. I smile and head over with Grayson. "So glad you're here, how are you?" she asks me.

"I am well" I say with a smile. She holds her arms out and I smile. Passing her a now sleeping Grayson. As Elijah appears. "Elijah, what a pleasant surprise" I say as he kisses my hand.

"Mira, lovely to see you again" he states. "Carol, this tea party is lovely" he tells her.

"Thank you, I am glad you're having fun" Carol states. "Have you meet this little bundle?" she asks. Gesturing to Grayson.

"Not officially" he says.

"My son Grayson" I tell him.

"He looks like you" he states and I chuckle.

"Not really, aside from my hair and skin tone. He looks just like his dad, even has his eyes" I state. Just then Damon appears. He and Carol greet each other. Before she passes me back my son. Introducing Elijah and Damon to each other, they shake hands.

Damon and Elijah excuse themselves. They go somewhere private to talk. Carol goes to greet others and I continue to mingle. Grayson soon wakes and wants to be fed. So I sent Jenna and text & left. I feed Grayson in the car, using a blanket to cover us. I then burp him and put him in his chair. I drive to Matt's.

When we arrive, Grayson decides he needs a nappy change as he did a stinker. So I let us in. Then change him on the floor. I look around the house and decide to clean. I put Grayson in a bouncer and started to clean after having a quick lunch.

(Time skip)

When I finished cleaning, I feed Grayson again and put him down for his afternoon nap. Before starting on dinner. I decide to make home made pizza. Making double pepperoni. I had just set the table when Matt arrives home.

"Mira, what a surprise" he says with a smile.

"Dinner is nearly ready" I tell him and Grayson cries over the mentor.

"I'll get him" Matt states and left to get our son. I smile and take the pizza out of the oven. I cut it up and prepare a bottle for Grayson. So that Matt can feed him. Matt appears as I serve us two slices of pizza. Leaving the rest on the center of the table. Matt starts to feed Grayson. "So what brings you both here?" he asks me.

"Escaping John, is it ok if we stay the weekend?" I ask him.

"Of course, Grayson is my son and you're his mum. You both are always welcome here" he assures me.

"Thanks Matt, you're such an amazing friend to me and father to our son" I state.

"I see you made our favourite" he states looking at the pizza.

"Of course" I say with a smile. "How was work?" I ask.

"Busy" he states. "I saw Caroline, she wanted to talk about us. But we were supposed to do it yesterday. She never showed and lied about where she was, and still wouldn't tell me today" he explains. "I also think there is something going on between her and Tyler" he adds.

"I don't want to talk about Tyler" I tell him as he burps Grayson. He puts Grayson in his bouncer. Then takes a bite of his pizza.

"You guys haven't talked about your relationship either" he says.

"I'm sort of avoiding him too" I mumble. "I went to the tea party today at the Lockwoods, it was nice" I state.

"And Tyler wasn't there?" he asks curious.

"Nope, you know how he feels about those sort of things. Probably went on a work our session or something to get out of it" I state. "Heard from your mum since she left?" I ask.

"No and I am grateful for that" he states. We finish dinner and do the dishes together. Before watching a movie, while Grayson plays in his bouncer. Matt phone bings and he curses. "They need me to close up at the grill, Hank is sick again" he tells me. I nod and he left.

I give Grayson a bath and put him to bed once his hair was dry. I then got ready for bed myself and called it a night. I fell into a dreamless sleep.

A/N

Picture above of Mira and picture on the external link of Elijah.