Stefan is a Hostage

(Salvatore house) Elena's POV

Stefan and Damon just told me all the tomb vampires got out. And some of them attacked them last night. I am so glad Mora isn't here, she'd go into labor if she knew any of this. I don't want to put her or my nephew's health at risk with early labor. Though she is nearly 38 weeks.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night" Damon states.

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, "Oops. Sorry?"" Stefan asks him.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her" I scold Damon.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back" he says with a happy smirk.

"Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process" I mutter.

"You don't have to be snarky about it" he tells me.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky" I snap.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" he asks me. "Your sister doesn't seem to care" he adds.

"Mira doesn't want anything to do with our birth mother and is focused on her baby. Which is due in two weeks" I state. "And I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities" I add.

"Ouch" he says.

"This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah?" Stefan asks. Damon leaves the room and Stefan hugs me.

"I'm sorry. He just makes me so cranky" I tell him.

"I know. He makes everybody cranky" he assures me.

"So, what are we going to do?" I ask him. "Aside from not telling Mira" I state.

"Damon and I are gonna handle everything, I promise" he assures me.

"Well, what about me? I can't just sit here and do nothing" I tell him.

"That's exactly what you're gonna do, because that's what going to keep you safe. Just as it keeps Mira and her baby safe" he tells me.

"Which means nothing if you're not safe, too" I state.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly safe. I have Damon, the self-serving psychopath on my side" he reminds me.

"Well, that's comforting" I mutter. He kisses me. I then leave.

Mira's POV

I'm with Matt and Caroline at the grill. As they tell me what happened last night on the double date. Matt then filled us in on what happened when he got home with his mother. Who apparently made out with Damon. "I yelled at my mom last night. You know, I feel like the parent yelling at the screwed up kid" he complains.

"Maybe she needed to hear it" Care tells him.

"I promise, you won't have to yell at our son ever" I assure him.

"Yeah, but just...I worry that if I push too hard, then she will take off again. Cause that's her M.O. Just like Vicki, who I haven't heard from since she left" he states.

"Well, you can't control your mom, Matt, any more than you can control your sister" Care tells him.

"She's right" I agree.