Last Day

Mira's POV

I feed Grey a bottle as we discuss the plan for tonight. "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah states.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus, " Stefan says.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid, " Elijah explains.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie, " Damon states as he joins us.

"We are not letting my son's godmother die when we have another option," I snap.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," he states.

"It's not an option, Damon," Elena and I tell him firmly. Grey finishes, I  put the bottle down, and I burp him.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know, " Elijah states.

"The moonstone," Stefan says.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each, " Elijah explains.

"And where do Elena and I fit into it?" I ask him.

"The final part of the ritual," he answers. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your deaths," he states.

"I thought he only needed one doppelganger? " Stefan asks, confused.

"There have never been two human doppelgangers before. Klaus won't take any chances. He'll sacrifice both Elena and Mira, " Elijah explains.

"And that's where you come in," Elena states. Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf. He opens the box and takes a jar from it.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation, " Elijah explains.

"So we'll be dead?" Elena asks.

"And then you both won't," Elijah states.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asks. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?" He asks us.

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work, " Elijah tells him.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir," Damon sneers.

"Well, I won't!" I snap. "I won't risk losing my sister or leaving my son without a mother. So keep your opinions to yourself," I tell him. He storms out of the room.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Elena asks Elijah.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is that by tonight, he will," Elijah states.

Ric returns as himself with a message from Klaus. The sacrifice happens tonight. Elena went to talk to Damon. Who force fed her, his blood. He then left with Ric. While Elena left with Stefan. Elijah offers me the box with the potion inside.

"You know, there's a possibility this elixir won't work. I don't want to mislead you, " he tells me.

"I know the chance I'm taking," I assure him.

"Take it before Klaus takes you," he tells me. I nod and look down at Grey. Who is sleeping soundly. "Will he be somewhere safe?" He asks.

"Yes, my uncle/father agreed to take care of him tonight. Right now, we are going to spend this last day together, " I tell him. He nods his head. I left with Grey.

(Time skip)

"Take care of him, John," I say as I pass Grey to him. The sun will set soon.

"Come with us," he says.

"You know I cannot," I tell him. "I will return, just protect Grey and Jeremy until then," I instruct. He nods his head and leaves Grey. I grab the elixir. "Here's to you, my son," I say and down it all. I gag at the taste, but keep it down as a strange feeling goes through my body. That's gotta be a good sign, right? I hear a knock from outside.

I take a deep breath and head to the door. Opening it to see a man with dark blonde hair. "Hello, Mira. Ready to go, love?" He asks me.

"Klaus, I presume," I  say, and he nods. "I thought Elena would already be with you," I state.

"I'm going to grab her now. Care to join me?" Klaus asks.

"On one condition," I tell him.

"Which is?" Klaus asks.

"Once this is over and you're free of your curse. You leave this town and my son alone. You never return, " I tell him.

"I give you my word, I will leave and not lay a hand on your son," he assures me. He offers me his hand again. I leave the house locking the door. Before accepting his hand, he speeds us away. When I can see the world properly again. I see we're in front of Elena and Stefan. In front of the Salvatore house.

"Mira," Elena says when she sees us.

"You got me all nervous. I thought maybe you'd done something stupid. You ready, my dear?" Klaus asks her.

"I'm ready," she assures him. She starts walking toward us, but Stefan stops her.

"I wouldn't. There's no reason for you to die, too." Klaus tells him. Elena turns around and looks at Stefan. He can't stop staring at Klaus and I.

"No. Stefan, hey, hey, it's fine, it's fine. I'll go. No one needs to get hurt. There's no reason for you to get hurt, " she tells him. They kiss and say 'I love you' to each other. Before kissing again. "Close your eyes," she tells him. He does so and Klaus grabs Elena and whisks us away.

He soon left us with his witch, Greta. Saying he join us shortly. Greta leads us to the quarry. Where we find Jenna in transition. Apparently, it is punishment for Damon interfering. He had saved Caroline and Tyler. Greta makes Jenna complete her transition and traps us each in a ring of fire as we wait for Klaus to arrive.