Bachelor Auction

(January 2nd 2010) Mira's POV

I am now nearly thirty five weeks pregnant now. I am due in the second week of February. But if Bonnie's Grams was right. I'll give birth in eighteen days. Everything is set up for Grayson, including the nursery.

Elena explained to me what happened that night Sheila died. I sort of feel sorry for Damon. He really loved Katherine and he finds out she never really cared about him. It's sad. Anna got her mum out of the tomb, but the others are all trapped inside. But I understand now why Sheila died, it took a toll on Bonnie. But Sheila was older and must of suffered more then Bonnie with the power needed for the spell.

Speaking of Bonnie. She went to stay with her dad's family. She hasn't contacted Elena or I since she left. Though Elena and I call her, leaving voicemails. Elena updating her on supernatural stuff. While I update her on my pregnancy. I actually want her to be the godmother and Matt agrees. But I want to ask Bonnie in person.

Anyway, I'm in the kitchen eating breakfast. Elena is outside on the phone leaving another voice mail for Bonnie. During the holidays Jenna has been doing research. Trying to find out more about Isobel, Elena and my birth mother. I still don't care and still hate my first name. I always wondered why my parents named me Isobel and I hate that they named me after the woman who abandoned Elena & I. I plan on changing it when I am eighteen. I plan on changing my name to Miranda Bethany Gilbert. After our ancestor Bethany Gilbert, who preferred to be called Beth.

Jenna appears with Elena and I look up from my cereal bowl. "Your dad kept everything from his medical practice—records, logs, old appointment books. I found an entry from the night you were born. Patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson" she explains showing Elena a page.

"Do you think that's her real name?" Elena asks. As I continue to eat my cereal.

"Pregnant teenage runaway? Probably not. First name, maybe. But where did she get Peterson? Classmate? Best friend? So I binged it. I searched for all the Petersons in this area born the same year as Isobel, found 3--2 men and a woman, Trudie, who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia" Jenna explains showing Elena the laptop.

"That's not far from here" Elena states. As I finish my food and go to rinse the bowl. Jenna types something else and a photo appears on the screen. It was of two cheerleaders. "Isobel, she was a cheerleader" Elena says with a smile as I rejoin them.

"Trudie still lives there, this is her address" Jenna says handing it to Elena.

"What about Isobel?" Elena asks.

"I couldn't find anything about her" Jenna admits. Elena looks disheartened as she sits down at the table beside me. I place a comforting arm around her. I may not care about our biological parents, but I know she does.

"Listen. There's something else. Mr. Saltzman, Ric, his wife was from around here, and her name was also Isobel" Jenna tells us.

"So he might be our dad?" I ask her confused.

"No, they got together a few years after you guys were born. It could just be a coincidence" she states.

"Wait. "Was," as in..." Elena asks.

"She died" Jenna confirms. She left to go tend to other things.

"Elena, I know this is important to you. But it isn't to me, I don't want to find any similarities between Isobel and I. Cause that may mean I'd abandon my son and I won't do that. I don't want anything to do with her or our birth father. As far as I am concerned they don't exist" I tell her.

"I get that, but I want to know" she tells me. "Stefan is coming over later" she adds changing the subject.

"Ok, well I won't be here. I have an appointment" I tell her.