Birth of Grayson

(18th January 2010) Mira's POV

So it's been two days since Vikki's body was found. There was a small funeral yesterday. I didn't go as I had to go to a hospital appointment. The doctor said my blood pressure was to high and I had to be on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. As Sheila said I'd give birth today, I choose to stay at the hospital last night.

I am in the maternity ward. In a room with a bath tub ready for me to have a water birth. I asked them to fill up the tub this morning. They found it unusual but did so anyway.

Oh Elena, Damon and Ric saved Stefan. Killed a few of the tomb vampires. According to Pearl, who I don't trust. The rest left. But I can't worry about that now, I have a baby to raise.

I sit on my hospital bed bored. Matt and Care will be visiting soon. But right now I am very bored. I look at my phone and decide to call Bonnie. Even though she has never answered my calls. I just thought it was time to ask her about being my son's godmother. As she hasn't returned in person for me to ask her. I guess, I will have to settle with asking her over the phone.

"Hello Mira" she says on and other end. I nearly drop my phone in surprised. I hadn't expected her to answer. "Mira, you there?" she asks.

"Yeah, wow it's great to hear your voice Bonnie" I tell her. "I wasn't expecting you to answer" I state.

"I wasn't going to" she admits. "But both Matt and Caroline said you had something important to talk to me about" she states.

"I do, I'd rather do it in person. But I guess it's a little late for that" I tell her. "Anyway, it's about my son" I tell her.

"Is he ok? Have you had him yet?" she asks me.

"No, not yet and he is fine. But I wanted to ask you something and Matt agrees" I tell her excitedly.

"Ask me what?" she asks confused.

"Will you be his godmother?" I ask her. She doesn't say anything for awhile. I check my phone to make sure she is still connected and she is. "So your answer?" I ask her.

"You want me to be the god mother?" she asks surprised.

"Yes" I say with a smile.

"I thought you would of asked Elena or Caroline" she admits.

"Elena has to much going on and Care may become my son's stepmother if she and Matt survive that long as a couple" I tell her. "So will you be Grayson's godmother?" I ask her.

"I'd be honoured" she tells me and I squeal. "I expect tuns of photos" she tells me.

"Of course" I tell her. Just then Matt and Care arrive. "Anyway gotta go, talk later?" I ask her. She agrees and we said our goodbyes. Then hang up. "Hi guys" I say with a smile.

"We come bearing gifts" Care says handing me a giant teddy bear.

"Thanks" I say with a smile. "Sorry I couldn't be there yesterday" I tell Matt.

"It's fine, I completely understand" he assures me. "So how come there's a bath in here?" he asks me. I giggle.

"It's for a water birth" I tell him. "I think today is the day" I add.

"What makes you say that?" he asks me.

"I've been having contractions since I woke up this morning" I state.

"Sure they aren't braxton hicks?" Care asks me as she puts the bear on a chair.

"Pretty sure" I groan as another one hits me. "They have become more frequent, I am now having one every twenty minutes"I state.