Mayor's Wake

Mira's POV

Mira's POV

I'm so tired as I hold Grayson. "You can go to my house" Matt tells me.

"Not until we know more about Caroline" I tell him. As Bonnie arrives. She asks us how Caroline is doing.

"She's not good, Bon" Matt tells her.

"What happened?" Bonnie asks.

"We were driving and Tyler heard this noise and he got..." Matt starts to say.

"A noise?" Bonnie asks.

"He got this migraine or something and he lost control of the car and...I thought that Caroline was fine and then...and then she wasn't so" Matt finishes sadly.

"It'll be ok Matt" I assure him and yawn.

"You look tired Mira" Bonnie says.

"It's been a long night and it's still not over" I tell her. "I'm up later then usual" I state.

"I keep telling her to go home and she won't listen" Matt tells her.

"Can't go home, John lair, Elena and Jer fighting" I mutter. Matt takes Grayson from me.

"Elena's here" Matt states and I groan.

"I'll talk to her" Bonnie tells us and left us.

"Please take our son and go to my house" Matt pleads.

"But Caroline" I whine.

"I'll fill you in tomorrow" he assures me.

"Promise?" I ask and he nods his head. "Ok" I say taking Grayson and get to my feet. "Spare key still under the potted plant?" I ask and he nods his head. "Try to get some rest yourself" I tell him. He nods his head and I go to leave.

"Mira, can we talk?" Elena asks me.

"No" I deadpan.

"But it's important, it's about John" she states.

"I don't want to talk about that lair" I snap. "See you saved Damon, congrats" I tell her. "Grayson I won't be home tonight, Jenna" I tell Jenna when she appears. She nods her head and I leave her with Elena.

When I get to Matt's house, I let myself and Grayson in. I go put him to bed putting on the baby mentor. I then grab the one from Matt's room and go to the lounge. Wanting to wait for him. But that doesn't happen as I fall asleep on the couch.

(Time skip)

I'm woken by Matt shaking me. "Matt, what time is it?" I ask him as I sit up.

"Nine o-clock in the morning, did you sleep here all night?" he asks me. I notice he has Grayson. I nod my head.

"Did you just get in?" I ask him.

"Yeah, just left Caroline with Bonnie. Caroline made it for surgery and is doing a lot better" he tells me. I smile.