O N E

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Metal on metal clashing, ragged breaths and the occasional gasps were the predominant sounds of that morning training session. Both young warriors had been training since the sun had shown its first rays of light. Now, it was at its peak, embracing the entire village of Tondc with its welcoming warmth. They were covered in sweat, their bodies were beginning to tire, but neither was willing to give up the victory.
They clashed swords once more, their gazes fixed on their opponent and sly smiles on both lips.

"I win," Coriane spoke, managing to replace her opponent's smile with a frown.
"You did n..." Aren didn't have time to answer, as Coriane took advantage of the man's distraction and struck his knees, forcing him to collapse to the ground and become helpless.

Without removing her smile, she placed her sword at her friend's throat and with her boot she stomped on the sword in his hand, giving him no choice but to surrender.

"Told you," she laughed, making the man roll his eyes.

She helped him to his feet and they parted to catch their breath.

"Where's Astrid?"

Coriane hadn't seen her feline all morning, but the predator's absence wasn't something that worried her; Astrid could spend hours in the woods playing with her prey and return at dusk happy and kicking.

"She must..." As soon as she began to speak, her aunt's angry voice echoed throughout the place.
"Corianeeeee!" She looked at her friend and they both held back the urge to burst out laughing, both knowing the reason for the sudden cry of anger.
"Forget it, I think I've found her," said the man with amusement.

Both warriors went to the place where the loud scream came from, finding Indra being "attacked" by Coriane's huge liger; Astrid had knocked her down and was now on top of her, trying to encourage the start of an innocent game, one that Indra refused to play.

"Control your animal," the woman told her as soon as she saw Coriane arrive.

The two could no longer hold in their laughter and burst out, making the older woman even angrier.

"But aunt, Astrid just wants to play," smiling from ear to ear, she patted her thighs with her hands, looking at her animal. "Come here, baby," she called to the feline, who immediately got off Indra to answer her mistress's call.

Coriane crouched down so that her liger could greet her without having to attack her with her great weight and three-metre length. When she stood up, Indra had already arrived at her side as she brushed dirt off her uniform.

"Lexa requests you at Polis, there will be a meeting of the Coalition," her aunt informed her.

She nodded to the brunette and proceeded to leave, leaving Aren and Coriane alone again. She looked at her friend and he nodded, understanding without a word.