F O U R

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Oh sunshine, good morning!"

The interruption of her sleep hit her like a bucket of cold water. There were few days, almost non-existent, when she hid under the sheets and didn't come out until the sun was up, especially the last few days when her responsibilities seemed to keep her from breathing.
After some conversation with Lincoln she had fallen asleep and had, miraculously, managed to sleep better than she had in a long time. That was, until her soft, fur-covered bubble burst. Jensen was standing beside Lincoln's bed, gently moving the brunette.

The man had lost a bet with the group on who would be the unlucky one to wake the beast, and he would soon learn the consequences of being the loser, which soon showed up in the form of a fist between his legs.

Coriane opened her eyes wearily and groaned unwillingly. When she saw her friend on the floor she sat up in bed, rubbed her eyes and looked at the boy with a frown.

"What are you doing there?" She asked in a hoarse morning voice.

Jensen stopped squirming and looked at her with a frown of pain and an incredulous expression, he didn't even bother to answer, he just threw his head back hoping the pain would go away quickly.
Coriane got up grunting and by accident, because she was still quite sleepy, she stepped on the faucet.

"Oops, sorry."

She came out of Lincoln's cave yawning and saw that all her siblings were there, too expectantly peering into the cave. Once they saw her come out alone, they nodded as if they had confirmed something they had all been sure of.

"Did you kill him already?" Aren said with a chuckle.
"Nope, but I'll definitely have to reconsider whether or not to have children," complained the brown-haired man, still leaving the cave with one hand on the "wounded" area.
"What a baby," laughed Coriane, more awake than before. "Anyway, can someone explain to me why you woke me up and interrupted the beautiful moment of sleep that I had worked so hard to achieve?" She looked at the four with her arms folded across her chest.

Lincoln was nowhere to be seen, so Coriane assumed he was out doing his morning herb and fruit picking so she didn't bother to ask where her brother was.

"Lexa wants us in Polis, remember?" Krista responded.

Coriane cursed inwardly, she had completely forgotten about the business she had pending in Polis. She rubbed her face with her hands, she couldn't not go, not if she didn't want to spend the next few years listening to the same complaints from Lexa over and over again, so with a growl very similar to that of an animal that made everyone else's skin crawl, she started walking by herself towards the village, before leaving, she had to change, wash up a bit, and eat something, she was just now realizing how hungry she was.